Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner May 2016

wedding on a bank holiday

fionaTK, 11 of February of 2015 at 12:22 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi everyone. I'm new to the site and hoping you can all help. We have reserved 2 dates with our venue and on Friday will confirm which we want.

Our preference is Monday 30th May 2016, however this a bank holiday Monday. I was wondering if anyone knows, will companies charge extra for their services on a bank holiday. Ie will a celebrant or photographer charge extra if we book them for a bank holiday?

Thanks. Looking forward to lots of chats as we get closer to the big day!

8 replies

Latest activity by Inspyre, 12 of February of 2015 at 14:01
  • Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

Hi ?

Most suppliers I have spoken to have advised that they would treat bank holidays as 'weekend' prices (that includes my venue & photographer - as we are having a (non bank holiday) Monday service we've found we are able to claim discounted weekday rates. It might be best to email around a few suppliers that you're interested in as every one is different!

• TrixieSaurus
    Beginner August 2016
    TrixieSaurus ·
    • Hide content

Hi FionaTK!

We were originally looking at August Bank Holiday wkend 2016, but unfortunately our final venue choice don't hold weddings on those days - it's their busiest day of the year, but when we were enquiring at other places for these dates, most of them charged the Sunday as a Saturday, the Monday as a Sunday (hope that makes sense?). Not sure about independent suppliers like photographer or caterer as we didn't get that far, chose the wkend before at our preferred venue Smiley smile

• Lorns
    Rockstar May 2015
    Lorns ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married Saturday 2nd May 2015 which is on a Bank Holiday weekend, and nothing has ever been mentioned about it being a Bank Holiday weekend by any supplier and as far as I am aware, we havent been charged anything extra.

I understand it isnt a Bank Hol Monday, but I would assume it would be treated as a Saturday/Sunday.

?

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

I would definitely enquire about the registrar costs - they are likely to be more than a Saturday.

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

Its just a normal working day so the charge is the same, if it falls on a weekend then normal weekend price, if it falls on a weekday the normal weekday price? I don't see why other suppliers charge extra for a bank holiday wedding.

• AnnaMolly
    Beginner October 2015
    AnnaMolly ·
    • Hide content

I know our registrar was charging more for weddings on a Sunday or bank holiday Monday so it's worth looking in to.

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married on a bank holiday Friday (Good Friday) and we are being charged normal rates i.e. weekend/peak prices but no more than if we married on a Saturday.

• F
    Beginner May 2016
    fionaTK ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone.

I think I'll email round a few suppliers and see what they say.

I'm wondering if it will just be classed as a weekend rate rather than an additional charge.

The venue are not charging weekend rate and we can still get a weekday package, however there is an additional £250 charge for the bank holiday monday.

• Inspyre
    Beginner August 2016
    Inspyre ·
    • Hide content

Just to hijack slightly.

If a bank holiday is on a monday, the friday before is just a normal friday right?

Just wondering if we go for August 26th (friday) its the friday of August Bank Holiday weekend ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics