Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Camille
Beginner June 2024 Surrey

Wedding on Christmas Eve - how much food it too much food?

Camille, 2 of January of 2024 at 20:41 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0
Hi all,
we are planning to get married on Christmas Eve. It will be a very small event (only 11 guests - 9 adults and 2 children)
Everybody was already coming to ours for Christmas so it is a great way to save travel and cost for everyone.
Our ceremony is at 11:30am at the registry office and I am struggling a bit with the planning of the food for the day.- wedding breakfast (lunch) 1pm at a local restaurant - 3 courses menu (but relatively small plates) - wedding dinner (again 3 courses meal) 7pm at home (with a private chef/catering)
And then the following day, on Christmas Day, the whole Christmas lunch (turkey and all the trimmings), cooked by my new husband and me.
It just seems a lot of food in the space of 24hrs! But I don’t really know how I can make the whole plan better. People will need to eat “something” in the evening of the wedding as it will be too long otherwise until the Christmas lunch. And I also want the evening to feel special, even if it is at home.
The thing is we do not want to cook ourself on our wedding day. And with the sunset being so early, we want to do our pictures at the restaurant (it got lovely views!) at lunch.The restaurant need privatisation (it is very small which is great for us!) but therefore they require a “full menu” per person.And to get a private chef for some little people, we need to get a “full menu” too.
So I am a bit stuck and I don’t know if there is a better way… any ideas?Should we rethink things a bit?
Any advices/tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics