Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsCWB
Beginner October 2014

Wedding on Sunday and I can't stop eating!

MrsCWB, 20 of October of 2014 at 19:03 Posted on Planning 0 9

I know I am comfort eating because I am stressed, but yesterday I had a McDonald's (hangover food from my hen night) and today I have ordered Chinese. I have 5 days until the wedding and I HAVE to fit into my dress or I'll be wearing jammas. I don't know how to stop myself from eating crap. I am feeling totally overwhelmed about how much I have left to do and I am so nervous about standing up in front of all those people. I really should've listened to H2B in the first place and had a really small wedding. I don't know how I ended up with so many guests.

Anyone got any advice?

x

9 replies

Latest activity by HelenSomerset, 22 of October of 2014 at 19:20
  • R
    Beginner December 2014
    rambosmum ·
    • Hide content

You have 5 days until your wedding- how much weight can you actually really put on in that time? The answer for me is 7lbs- but it's mainly water weight and barely adds an inch. So in reality it is very unlikely to affect your dress fitting. By stressing out about your stress eating you are creating more stress- a viscous cycle. Enjoy these last few days as a miss, do something you enjoy after each wedding thing you tick off. And breathe, get a hug off your H2B and remember what it's all about. You are going to look gorgeous.

• MrsCWB
    Beginner October 2014
    MrsCWB ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ladies! I almost cried when I read your replies. I am a bit emotional at the moment! I'm hoping I get all my tears out before Sunday!!! Anyway, you made me feel so much better!

x

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Aaaw - here's a friendly kick up the bum!! Drink water, eat small portions more regularly. If you like tomatoes, get loads of tasty baby plum tomatoes and snack on them, they're so yummy. Don't stress, look forward to the day ahead and allow yourself to be giddy, not stressed. As long as you have your dress, nothing else matters as your man will be waiting for you at the end of that aisle - to marry you - eeeeeek Smiley smile xx

Oh and if you can, watch Love Actually, and the episode of Vicar of Dibly where she gets married. That shows what it's all about Smiley smile xx

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

Do what Pammy said, and relax ad enjoy the last few days. You will be fine.

And, if you do need a bit of comfort food to fall back on, don't worry about it. Honestly, I am the sort of person who can gain half a stone just by looking at a slice of cake, but for the 2 weeks before my wedding I was in total 'holiday' mode, I forgot all about the dress and decided to enjoy all the things I had missed while away from home. My pre-wedding diet consisted of fish and chips (twice), Indian, Chinese, Italian, pork pies, black pudding, galaxy chocolate and Yorkshire bitter! I enjoyed my holiday, and sill fit into the dress - and if I can after all that, you can too!

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

I did exactly this - the two weeks before my wedding I ate more than I'd ever eaten! I couldn't understand it, I felt constantly hungry, like I had worms or something!

Calm down. I promise you, that once the wedding gets going, you are going to enjoy yourself so much, you will literally be on cloud nine, and you will think back to all this stress and wonder why you bothered. I really didn't care about ANYTHING on the day, at all!

Drink lots and lots of water between now and the wedding, and on the day of, too. It will make you feel better, healthier, cleaner (I know that when I eat junk food it makes me feel slugish and unhealthy.)

• MrsCWB
    Beginner October 2014
    MrsCWB ·
    • Hide content

I tried my dress on last night. Mum couldn't lace it up because of her athritis, but she was adamant it didn't fit and there would be a quarter of an inch gap. I'm not so sure, because it laces pretty tight when it is laced up. Anyway, cue daily gym trips, plenty of water and healthy eating. I have also booked in for a shrinking violet body wrap as according to the reviews, they really do work. We shall see!!

x

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Good for you! Got your mojo going. If your mind is happier it's easier to make your body happier Smiley smile xx

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

Yes! I was exactly the same. After months of being good I started manically gobbling biscuits in the last week before the wedding. The good news is that if you're like this now, you'll get it all out & be totally serene on the day. Trust me, I know!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics