Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner October 2028 Kent

Wedding party issues

Rachel, 2 of July of 2024 at 14:19 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 1
My fiancé has a neice who will be 15 at the time of our wedding and we would love for her to either be a bridesmaid or my fiancé's best woman, as we know she take the role very seriously, however he also has a nephew who will be 12 at the time, and we know that the parents will kick off if we ask one and not the other, but we don't have a role for him as we arnt having groomsmen or ushers, plus his attitude and behaviour is not something we want to deal with either. So we are unsure of what to do we don't want to not ask the neice just to avoid the drama.

1 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 4 of July of 2024 at 13:12
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I would ask her to be bridesmaid rather than groomswoman. That way, you have a 'get out clause' if questioned about the non-inclusion of the nephew because "So sorry to disappoint you, but we are only having bridesmaids, no ushers or groomsmen". It would be harder to avoid asking the nephew if the niece is being a 'groomswoman' because you won't have the excuse that there is 'no role' for your nephew.

Something to consider if the niece and nephew are siblings is that the parents may either insist it has to be both or neither or that niece may get some grief from her brother if she is included and he is not - so it might be worth thinking if the family dynamic would make it unpleasant for her. If the nephew and niece are cousins rather than siblings, then I'd just go ahead and invite her.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics