Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kooks
Beginner September 2011

Wedding Path - anyone else heard this?

Kooks, 28 March, 2011 at 15:24 Posted on Planning 0 13

I've set up a wedding website with Wedding Path but have just read on another forum that they're planning on closing their site down so none of their websites will work. Apparently some people have had problems accessing their websites recently.

Has anyone else heard this? I was going to put a link to it on our invitations but glad I've not ordered them yet if this is true!

13 replies

Latest activity by Jiimanie, 18 January, 2013 at 14:30
  • Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Think its true!! i know some hitchers were havign issues yesterday!

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

It appears to be back up today but to be honest if I were you, I'd copy down all the information you've saved on there and set up a new site. It just wouldn't be worth the risk especially if you were planning to let people RSVP through the site. Apparently they are planning on closing completely "within the next 6 months".

• fizzypop
    Beginner July 2011
    fizzypop ·
    • Hide content

Where did you hear this? As my website is working fine today, I only need it to last until July and as we've sent out the invites I can't really change it now x

• Buzzee
    Beginner January 2012
    Buzzee ·
    • Hide content

Oh rubbish! have made mine but wasn't planning on sending out invites til summer! can anyone recommend a more (hopeful) stable website company to use?

x

• M
    Beginner November 2011
    mrs2bsoon ·
    • Hide content

Oh no......I'll have to do a new one. The good thing is that it was free. Anyone got any good ideas of other free ones. Wedding path was lovely ;-(

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content

GettingMarried is also free....hopefully it's pretty stable as that's who my wedsite is with!

• lianne22
    Beginner September 2012
    lianne22 ·
    • Hide content

I used gettingmarried.co.uk - really easy to use too!

• Kooks
    Beginner September 2011
    Kooks ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone - that's a bit of a pain! Will def go and save all our info and then use gettingmarried!

• N
    Beginner April 2011
    nat2683 ·
    • Hide content

I've just logged into my wedding path website and it works fine.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

There is one on here but I encountered an error so I have mailed HQ to see if they can sort it:

https://www.hitched.co.uk/planner/personalwedsite.aspx
  • M
    Beginner November 2011
    mrs2bsoon ·
    • Hide content

I signed up to getting married now in fear that wedding path is going! Only problem is it won't let me type my own details in. I keep clicking where it says click here and nothing. Maybe I'm being dumb!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I'm listed on the Wedding Path directory and still getting the odd hit from their site although I don't pay to advertise on there anymore. Hoopefully, they would let the couples who have registered with them know if they were going to close so they can make alternative arrangements.

• Jiimanie
    Beginner April 2014
    Jiimanie ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone,

Is anyone still using Wedding Path? It seems to still be up and running but you can only register by invite only, not sure if that's through being invited to someone's wedding or by being invited by another user to join and make your own page? Just wondered if anyone's recently set up a wedding page on there?

Thanks in advance!
    J

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics