Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner August 2016

Wedding Perfume

Laurensmum, 29 of March of 2016 at 20:00 Posted on Planning 0 46

Anyone picked one yet?!

I never knew it was such a big thing! Any suggestions?

46 replies

Latest activity by Lex, 7 of November of 2022 at 16:51
  • Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

I'm a big fan of the Miss Dior scents - particularly blooming bouquet. That will probably be mine as its my favourite. H2b has virtually no sense of smell so doesn't matter that I wear it a lot Smiley winking

• Pookie8911
    Beginner April 2017
    Pookie8911 ·
    • Hide content

Oo I'm glad someone's asked this! We are a year off our big day, but we keep asking each other this. Both of us are big into our scents and have a large selection... do you wear something new for your wedding day? Or one of your favourites?

I personally love Gucci Bamboo - it's lovely and fresh, light but lasting. That may well be my choice for the day!

• E
    Beginner May 2016
    ExpensivePinkCars201 ·
    • Hide content

I went with something new. I've bought Jo Malone perfume with the matching bath/shower oil and moisturiser so I will smell like peony and blush suede from head to toe!

• E
    Beginner May 2016
    ExpensivePinkCars201 ·
    • Hide content

I also like the fact that by choosing something new, it will always be special to me and a scent unique to my wedding. Scent can be a powerful stimulator of memories so in the future I will think of my wedding whenever I put it on.

• L
    Beginner August 2016
    Laurensmum ·
    • Hide content

I have heard VERY good things about Jo Malone!

Pookie, got to be new. I plan on new and only wearing it for very special occasions or if I'm having a down day. That way it will remind me of a (hopefully) very happy day!

• B
    Beginner May 2016
    Boro_Bex ·
    • Hide content

I'm going for something new as well. I've decided on Acqua Di Parma - Rosa Nobile.

• E
    Beginner July 2016
    Elephants ·
    • Hide content

Hi I am another person who has opted for Jo Malone. I'm going for Red Roses, I loved Peony and Blush Suede but it just didn't last on me. I went for a free bridal consultation which was fab. The consultant helped narrow down my choices and you can layer perfumes to create a unique scent. ? x

• jamborina
    Dedicated August 2016
    jamborina ·
    • Hide content

I was going to get a new one but my fiance has no sense of smell so I only have myself to please. So I'm going to get a new bottle of my favourite, Origins Ginger Essence and I'll get the body souffle and body lotion too so I can layer the scent.

For you Jo Malone brides, I've just finished a bottle of Mimosa & Cardamom. It's beautiful.

• S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content

I wore YSL Manifesto. Mum bought it for me when Debenhams had 50% off for Black Friday last year. If it hadn't been for that, I'd have worn something I already had - either Ultraviolet by Paco Rabanne or Pure Poison by Dior.

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content

I've gone for viktor and rolf bonbon can't wait to wear it.

• P
    Beginner September 2018
    pooksgirl ·
    • Hide content

I will probably end up using my normal scent, which is La Belle Est Vie by Lancôme. It has special memories for us as a couple as my FH picked it for me when we were on holiday a few years ago. Since then I've hardly worn anything else.

Beginner April 2016
    *Nik* ·
    • Hide content

My H2B and I went and bought new fragrences together and helped each other choose. I went for Armani's Diamonds

• H
    Beginner May 2016
    HappyBlueConfetti257 ·
    • Hide content

I've got the Chloé signature scent, with the body lotion to match. I love that scent and haven't worn it in ages so I'll really notice it on the day. H2B will wear Calvin Klein's Eternity Now for men, I feel like it smells like chocolate!

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

I wear Coco Mademoiselle and that's what I'll be wearing on my wedding day, I love it! Plus I don't see the point of saving some things for 'best' - life's too short! ?

I'll be splashing out on the matching body lotion for the day though so that I can keep the scent lingering.

• Vixy1987
    Beginner May 2016
    Vixy1987 ·
    • Hide content

I've gone for new, Gucci Bamboo.

I remember when I was first planning there was a few articles on how scent is such a strong sense for memories so wearing a new scent would mean that it brings back memories of the day. I thought that was lovely.

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

I went for dolce & gabbana floral drops and hubby had Viktor & Rolf spice bomb. Both lasted all day & night ?

• Arpee
    Beginner August 2016
    Arpee ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to treat myself to a fragrance and body lotion from Jo Malone, I haven't chosen which one yet. My MUA will do a hand and arm massage with the lotion in the morning so the scent should really last all day.

• Justkeepswimming
    Beginner July 2016
    Justkeepswimming ·
    • Hide content

I was planning on wearing the perfume I always wore when I first got together with my OH. But after reading this post I can see the appeal of having a new one!

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

I have treated myself to some Jo Malone Orange Blossom perfume already (wedding not til next may!) and wear it on date nights and special occasions... I'm hoping that it will already have some lovely romantic memories attached to it before the big day and that the wedding will be the 'grand finale'!

I will probably treat myself to the body lotion and shower gel or whatever before the wedding as although I absolutely adore the scent, it doesn't last very long on me.. hoping that by layering products it will last longer!

• R
    Dedicated June 2016
    RachD90 ·
    • Hide content

I remember watching a bridal video with fleurdeforce on youtube going to a consulation at Jo Malone, they said about layering to create a unique scent. One thing the consulatin said is that you could layer it by having a scent you have worn in the past (maybe like on your first date etc) and then the other layer can be a new scent. So when your walking up the aisle it's the old Miss you and that perfume reflects your past before you were a wife/husband. Then when your walking down the aisle the new scent will be stronger to people behind you and it's the new mrs/mr you. I have explained that awfully haha hopefully you can understand.

I just can't decide what I want, I thought I wanted Elie Saab but gone off it now. I think am going to have a day fragrance and then an evening. For my evening am having Golden Musk by a company called perfume palour (they do copies of proper perfumes but they are a lot stronger) as it's delicious but isn't light and innocent enough for me when first getting married. My fiance wearing Royal Waters by Creed (copy but smells exact same) during the day and then The One Gentleman at night.

• D
    Beginner December 2016
    DB2016 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I adore this perfume!!

• M
    Beginner June 2016
    Mrshappygirl ·
    • Hide content

I'm wearing my normal scent, it's my absolute favourite and fusband said he wouldn't want me to wear anything else. I've worn it for years now and it's just me! its Chloe original, I have a miniature for putting on during the day and the body cream too. It lasts really well.

Fusband has about 3/4 favourites but has chosen Mont Blanc for the day as it is our favourite. To me smells are so important, I want to smell like me (hopefully good!) and I want him to smell like him too! Trying not to change too much for the big day, I still want to be me- just my best version!

• o0o_Charlie_o0o
    Beginner August 2016
    o0o_Charlie_o0o ·
    • Hide content

I only ever usually wear one perfume, it's the same one Iv had for years be a use I just love the smell of it it's ed hardy hearts and daggers, my partner loves it too, but I never even thought about a new scent bringing back memories, and I think having a new perfume for my wedding day is a lovely idea and more excuse to treat myself lol! I found a perfume recently that I really really liked it was Escada agua del sol I was tempted to buy it then before I even knew about this new scent for wedding day thing lol but the problem I'm thinking is it smells really fruity, wouldn't it be better to have something that smells more flowery than fruity?

• Vixy1987
    Beginner May 2016
    Vixy1987 ·
    • Hide content

I think it all comes down to personal preference, I guess you wouldn't want to wear something that is completely different to your usual scent otherwise it would be a bit strange for you. I'd also say about testing them before you wear them on the day, I bought a new perfume once and wore it out, a couple of hours later it really didn't suit me!

• S
    Beginner June 2015
    Scottish_Sarah ·
    • Hide content

I wore my daily perfume but due to skin sensitivities its channel coco mademoiselle anyway! My husband recognises my perfume smell and always says if he is out and smells it he thinks I'm going to appear until he realises its not me. For that reason I didn't want to change anyway even if I could find one I didn't react to!

• Poppy_24
    Curious September 2016
    Poppy_24 ·
    • Hide content

I'm a Jo Malone girl already, peony and blush suede when I'm not in work. I think I'll be making the decision whether to stick with that and buy the body lotion too, or try a new one. I'm really tempted by Orange Blossom Smiley smile

if I do get a new one, it'll be a honeymoon and date night scent too!

X

• KJHC
    Beginner April 2016
    KJHC ·
    • Hide content

This post inspired me to go to Jo Malone yesterday! I love the idea of having a perfume that will bring back happy memories of our wedding day :-) I ended up buying Wild Bluebell at Jo Malone and I totally love it! It's perfect - not too sweet, it's fresh, and reminds me of beautiful Spring days - perfect for a Spring wedding :-)

• Vixy1987
    Beginner May 2016
    Vixy1987 ·
    • Hide content

I've never tried a Jo Malone but you are all making me want to go see about some now Smiley smile

• o0o_Charlie_o0o
    Beginner August 2016
    o0o_Charlie_o0o ·
    • Hide content

Well me and my OH just spent hours in debenhams smelling all the fragrances and picking together he has Ralph Lauren polo blue and I have chloé, although about 15 minutes after buying out fragrances I stumbled across flower bomb and it smells gorgeous and now I'm sort of doubting my choice of Chloé and thinking I should of bought flower bomb instead

• B
    Beginner May 2016
    Boro_Bex ·
    • Hide content

I love Flowerbomb and Bonbon. If I was going for a perfume I already wear it would probably be one of those.

• IngridHughes
    Beginner July 2016
    IngridHughes ·
    • Hide content

I went for a new perfume, also Jo Malone! I didn't go to a bridal consultation which I would've loved but I knew which I loved: Orange Blossom! I got the matching body cream to make the scent last longer!

• H
    Beginner October 2016
    HappyGoldDecor533 ·
    • Hide content

I am a fragrance addict. I have lots of favourites - Chanel Chance, Chanel coco mademoiselle, Miss Dior Cherie, Stella McCartney... I definitely wanted something new. I find frangrance very nostalgic. I toyed with Jo Malone Peony and Blush suede, still love this, but bought Aqua Di Parma Rose Noble. But this week I also bought Chloe Love Story and will decide nearer the time! We are yet to choose my future husband's fragrance Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics