Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner September 2010

Wedding Photo Albums for Parents

newcastlelou, 1 of December of 2010 at 13:10 Posted on Just Married 0 4

We ordered our wedding album through Bob Books and loved it! Its done the rounds now - been to workplaces, round the family, parents workplaces etc, so has the odd indentation on the cover, a scuff on the spine and a little dirty mark on one of the pages from when I lent it to in-laws. Was slightly peeved but its not the end of the world.

When we first showed it to in-laws, they loved it and then asked for one for Christmas, exactly the same as ours.

I was planning on having parents books done for both sets, probably the same photos etc but the smaller square version, I think its something like 23cm, as opposed to the full size square version. I wasn't planning on getting the smaller ones to save money (I'm not being cheap!) but in my mind, there should only be ONE official wedding album, which belongs to the bride and groom.

My husband thinks we should just get two more duplicates of ours done for the parents. I don't know why but I really want to stomp my feet about this!

I feel (and this is selfish!) that not only will that mean that our wedding album isn't unique, but that the parents will be getting nice shiny perfect ones to keep at home, and our one is the one thats done all the rounds and gotten marked and scratched etc.

Am I just being too petty about this? I'm not generally a selfish person, I feel that getting duplicate albums done will make ours less special ☹️

What do you think?

4 replies

Latest activity by rosiegirl, 22 of March of 2011 at 14:58
  • sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content

Am with you on this one, I dont want our parents having a copy of our wedding albumn (although not actually married yet!) but we have talked about this, i.e. some photographers do 'parent albumns' and we said that we wouldnt be getting them as the wedding albumn should just be for us as a couple, other people, i.e. parents can have a few photos, however went to in-laws over the weekend and mother-in-law is now stamping her feet about wanting her own parent albumn, grr and this is before we are married!

We have discussed yet again at home, and we are sticking to having just the one wedding album for us, and are now getting a few duplicate photos - that we choose and buying our own albumns and presenting both sets of parents with these - if they dont like this - tough!

Hope this helps! x

• P
    Beginner October 2009
    pepsicolamax ·
    • Hide content

I agree with you too! We had one (beautiful) album printed for ourselves (I made it myself on jessops: http://photo.jessops.com/cewe-photobooks.html) and everybody loves it!

But I wont let anybody else have the same book as us.... its OUR special memory of OUR special day!

I made a tiny one for my mum - so she can take it to show everyone at work, all the relatives etc.... and we tried to do the rounds with our book - everyone who is in it wants to see it!

:-)

• carrollove
    carrollove ·
    • Hide content

Wedding photo albums can also extend to your family. You might want to give a small album to each others parents as a memento of the day.

• D
    Beginner February 2012
    Dani1984 ·
    • Hide content

Hi we have ordered our wedding album, 4 parent album (OH parent divorced and other to my aunt who is helping out) and 15 mini albums for other guest etc that we want to give them to ! i figured this way our album is ours to keep and it keeps the family nice and quiet!!!

• R
    Beginner June 2011
    rosiegirl ·
    • Hide content

I think everyone should do what feel right to them, but we are ordering our own and then 2 parent albums and also some mini albums for gransparents and siblings. I just think it´s a wondeful gift and a nice memory of our special day for our loved ones. And also that way like Dani wrote, our album is ours to keep.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics