Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner

Wedding 'Photo Book'!?

BrideToBe<3, 30 of January of 2012 at 19:32 Posted on Planning 0 16

Hello everyone Smiley smile

Quite new to hitched, and only posted once before so would like to first say hi! And congratulations to everybody on here getting married/newly married Smiley smile

My fiance and I think we have found the perfect photography, after discussing her packages we have decided to get a wedding album included. However...we were thinking once the wedding is over, to get our own photobook!

Don't get me wrong I am SO excited and over the moon with the sample albums we were shown and think it will be perfect as our 'official' album, but as we are also getting digital copies of our images we thought it would be nice to get a slightly more informal photo book done, once the wedding is over (you know, include the giggly drunken granny which wouldn't have been suitable for the album, but are priceless photos!)

So, has anybody created their own photobook? Which companies would you recommend?

I know Apple do photo books, but you need to own a mac! hehee Smiley smile

Thank you for any advice in advance

❤️

16 replies

Latest activity by clarabella1972, 13 of February of 2012 at 12:11
  • B
    Beginner June 2012
    blushing_bride ·
    • Hide content

I quite often use photobox.co.uk, always had great quality and quite often run some good deals too xx

• C
    Beginner
    claiireee ·
    • Hide content

Have you signed up to Groupon? They often have offers on. I bought a one for Albelli and made a photobook after my brothers wedding. If I say so myself, it's pretty good! I took me a while to do, as created my own format but it was worth it. I was able to fade pictures into the background and then put shots over the top. It looked really effective. I even ordered a second one for my Mum Smiley smile

Good luck!!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I made all of mine on photobox, quality is great! They are large 12" square books and the upload took ages but the image quality was maintained as a result.... some links for you here if you want to take a look...

https://www.photobox.co.uk/1xC8C8A7/creation/814023168?cid=puksecs001

https://www.photobox.co.uk/1xC8C8A7/creation/829290618?cid=puksecs001

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

We got ours from Jessops, you can have them posted or pick them up in store. They always seem to have offers on. When we had ours it was BOGOF and now it seems to be 25% off.

• stoice
    Beginner September 2013
    stoice ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to do my photo book through www.blurb.com

They have everything there to get you through it even if you don't have a mac ;o)

Reasonably priced too. x

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

I have never used, although have heard very good things about Bobbooks.

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I used Bobbooks for our wedding album and they were really great in every aspect.

• B
    Beginner
    BrideToBe<3 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you everyone for all your advice Smiley smile Lots of lovely books out there! Decisions, decisions! Hope everyones planning is going well!

• carterusm29
    carterusm29 ·
    • Hide content

I have used Blurb which I had no problems with. The software is very easy to use too and they have regular offers. Once you've bought a copy, you can leave it online indefinitely and pass the link for others to look at/buy. Also you can set your own prices...

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

Bob Books and Photocreator are very good and at the lower end Photobox.

As for Blurb, and no offense to anyone but they are the worst book I have ever seen. Print quality is a disgrace. I sent over sharp high resolution images and they were delivered blurred and the colours were wrong.

• carterusm29
    carterusm29 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear about your Blurb experience, Chris. Like I said, I've never had any problems with them. They're not top quality but you get what you pay for. I've heard that where people have had issues, they're more than happy to do a second print for free. Adobe have just done a deal with them to integrate Lightroom and Blurb so they can't be that bad generally. Personally I use Loxley for all my pro printing, but then they're just for pro togs. I use Blurb occasionally for personal projects.

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

We used photobox too, got a premium padded one for ourselves(£80) and the normal ones for our mums. They are really lovely.

• lurvlytwink
    Beginner June 2012
    lurvlytwink ·
    • Hide content

I've used photo box several time s but i am at the moment collecting a couple of groupons so ic an use them after my hen do & after the wedding for presents for mums Smiley smile

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Photobox have a sale on at the moment with up to 70% off - you buy the credits and have 3 months to redeem them.

Sale extended to tomorrow!

• E
    Beginner March 2012
    Emsypooh ·
    • Hide content

We are going to use Blurb.

• Jen31601
    Beginner March 2013
    Jen31601 ·
    • Hide content

I made my HB2 a book of memories for his 30th birthday and used Blurb.com and they were AMAZING! You download the software and create your book on your computer before submitting it for printing. The book arrived and unfortunately 2 pages were stuck together with glue and they ripped when I tried to pull them apart. I emailed customer services about 8pm in the evening and got a response straight away saying they'd ordered me a replacement and just wanted a photo of the damage for their records. The next book arrived exactly one week later and was perfect - I didn't even have to send the other one back. So he now has one to look through as and when and show people and another to keep really nice.The quality is amazing and it looks so professional. So if you want a company with top notch customer service I'd definitely recommend them Smiley smile

• C
    Beginner April 2012
    clarabella1972 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am looking at it now and very tempted! Which book did you go for in the end? Yours was amazing!

If you create a book, can people (family) buy copies later on, because I don't know who will want what.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics