Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner August 2010

Wedding Photographers and Videographers in Leeds

Lea25, 24 January, 2010 at 14:51 Posted on Planning 0 14

Hi all, I did write on here a while back but cant find my post to read all of the responses so thought I would write again!

Im getting married in August and need to book my photographer and videographer soon but I dont know where to start. Im on a bit of a budget so if anyone knows of photographers and videographers in the Leeds area that aren't too expensive could you let me know please???

Thank you in advance.xxx

14 replies

Latest activity by Chez2k, 29 June, 2010 at 19:31
  • videogal
    videogal ·
    • Hide content

Hi Lea sorry for asking but what does your budget allow to have them both? Just helps with recommending people that's all.

Tracey xx

• L
    Beginner August 2010
    Lea25 ·
    • Hide content

I have seen a photographer that charges £600 so around that price for photographer and maybe same for videographer. Not really sure about prices for videographers!x

• videogal
    videogal ·
    • Hide content

Hi Lea

Thanks for that. What exactly are you looking to be filmed beyond the ceremony of course. I ask as many videographers including ourselves offer various packages as a guideline - we're flexible with ours some aren't - so its just a case of what you ideally want filming ie bridal preps to first dance and so on. What kind of ceremony are you having and whereabouts. You'll want a good quality video too with good picture and audio quality. Videography can be expensive purely because of the time we film and the many hours it takes to edit the footage, copyright licences, insurance etc, hence our prices reflect this.

Tracey

• L
    Beginner August 2010
    Lea25 ·
    • Hide content

We'r getting married at Headingley Stadium so it is all one venue. I would like us arriving, the ceremony, the speeches, cutting of the cake and the first dance.

In your experience would it be better to have the photographer or the videographer whilst me and the bridesmaids are getting ready?

And do you recommend having the photographer, videographer, both, or neither to stay past the first dance?

Thank you for your help!x

• videogal
    videogal ·
    • Hide content

Hi Lea

My own experience as a bride was that I did have both on the morning of the wedding - obviously the video showed more than my photos but this was purely down to the photographer (he was not the greatest creativity wise - he took no pics of bridesmaids or me getting ready except some shots of lacing being done on y dress) so not sure really what he was doing - just as well I had the video lol! It is really your personal preference. Bridal preparations show so much which means your H2B gets to see you getting ready, the emotions, anticipation etc. It is entirely your decision to have either both or just the videographer/tog there. I have worked alongside many photographers that have been present at the bridal preps.

With nightime footage it is very rare to get a photographer to stay beyond the first dance but there are some - but may charge additional hours on top of their costs. There are at times issues with lighting (our cameras perform well in low light thankfully) and there is only so much footage you can record during the evening reception unless you are having a diary room (for guests to leave you personal messages - unless this is set up after the speeches), there is a band coming on and you would like some footage, fireworks, or letting off lanterns where you would ideally like a videographer/photographer present. Other than that it is quite usual for a videographer to depart after the first dance. It really depends on what you have agreed at the time of booking. It does cost more for filming beyond the first dance generally.

Hope this helps.

Traceyx

• greenleaf
    greenleaf ·
    • Hide content

I think it all depends on the photographer many offer lots of different solutions and different ways of working. its not difficult to get a photographer for £600 its just what you expect for that as some will only be there for 2 - 3 hours and provide you with a simple album others will be there longer and offer more.

Its worth looking arround and building up a list of those who offer what you want. - to bring costs down even further you could look for images on cd only deal and building/ printing your own album, Its a different way of working but at least you get all the images taken and don't have to choose the best 30 or so images.

Ian

• L
    Beginner August 2010
    Lea25 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for your help, il keep looking around.x

• S
    Beginner
    SUSSEXBRIDE123 ·
    • Hide content

We got a brilliant deal from our photographer so they may be worth a try, I booked them on recommendation!

They are based near me in Sussex but I know they travel!

www.thisisinnovation.co.uk

good luck xxx

• L
    laura-marie ·
    • Hide content

Not sure if this is still ongoing, but I do wedding photography in the Hull/Leeds/Yorkshire area, prices start at £200 Smiley smile

• NikkiVN
    NikkiVN ·
    • Hide content

Www.markpearsonphotography.com in Rawdon

• Chez2k
    Beginner October 2010
    Chez2k ·
    • Hide content

Another vote for Mark Pearson.

He did my best friends wedding 2 years ago and he is doing ours in October.

Is it fabulous, very passionate about his work and such a lovely man.

Definately check him out.

xx

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

I am a Leeds bride myself and My vote goes to Waterhouse Photography of Huddersfield for togs, after a lot of running around, (they do Leeds as well.) They also recommended their friends (couple) who are videographers and who saved us half the budget for video! I was quoted around £1050 by two different companies, and PHASE 5 PRODUCTIONS are doing the same job for £675! With two cameras etc.

http://www.weddingvideoshuddersfield.co.uk/page/contact_us

http://www.waterhousephotography.co.uk/

Good luck! xxx

• greenleaf
    greenleaf ·
    • Hide content

Quick question - Whens the wedding date? (not sure if im being blind or not)

• MarkPearsonPhoto
    MarkPearsonPhoto ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Cheryl and Nikki.

Lea25, it can sometimes be a minefield choosing the RIGHT photographer. Just because someone is expensive, doesn't mean that they are good. The reverse can also be true - cheap can sometimes be very bad - they are cheap for a reason.

I recently did a Blog post called "How To Choose A Wedding Photographer" - have a look:

http://markpearsonphotography.co.uk

Chances are I'm already booked for your wedding date but we have an open door policy at our Studio. Even if we are not your chosen photographers, you are more than welcome to pop in for a coffee and a chat. We can talk you through all the things to look out for, the questions to ask, the important things to look out for when looking for a wedding photgrapher.

Like any industry, there is good and bad out there and like Chez2k said, I am passionate about what I do. I would rather people popped in for coffee, had a chat and at least then have the right information to make an informed decision as to who is going to photograph their big day - even if it isn't me!

Best of all, it isn't going to cost you a penny!

Lastly, I can recommend Headingley Carnegie Stadium. Having photographed there in the past all I can say is "Goooooooooooooooooooooooo Leeds Rhinos" ?

• Chez2k
    Beginner October 2010
    Chez2k ·
    • Hide content

Hi Mark,

Fancy seeing you on here! :-)

No problems. I always recommend you to people.

?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics