Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Curious October 2020

Wedding photography for less than a full day

SunnyRedDecor92142, 9 of January of 2020 at 17:40 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hey

First post and looking to get some advice about wedding photography.

So my other half really isn't fussed about having a professional photographer at our wedding - posing for photos just isn't his thing. As a compromise I've suggested we get a photographer for part of the day and at night we hire a photo booth for some fun photos.

When looking at wedding photographers the majority of them offer full day services so I wasn't sure if having them for less than that is even an option?

Thanks!

3 replies

Latest activity by SunnyRedDecor92142, 17 of January of 2020 at 08:35
  • Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Yes you should be able to find part day coverage wedding photography, I have that option for my weddings.

One factor is the time of the year of your wedding and the day of the week. A word of advice though is that there are those out there shooting weddings that will book a small package and then cancel it in favour of a different full day coverage wedding. These typically will not be full time wedding photographers who have a reputation to maintain.

If you choose the right photographer for you then you should find that you wont be "posing for photos"

• S
    Curious October 2020
    SunnyRedDecor92142 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks! Good to know! ?

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

We found a few wedding photographers who would do part days, although some would only do part days midweek or during winter. We are getting married in June and our photographer is just doing the ceremony and then a short time at our reception venue - about 2 hours in total.

It's worth talking to a few photographers whose styles you like - some do the very formal old-fashioned posed photos, but more now are doing the informal photos where you're not really aware you're being photographed.

• S
    Curious October 2020
    SunnyRedDecor92142 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks! Yeah going to start contacting some photographers to see what they can offer. It's good to know though that it doesn't have to be a full day - most things I've read online make it seem like the norm.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics