Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner July 2016

Wedding photography Groupon deal

Little_MrsA2B, 20 of January of 2015 at 10:26 Posted on Planning 0 5

Morning ladies. Just thought I would let you know that I got an email from Groupon this morning featuring a wedding photographer in the Caterham area (near Croydon) for £199. Here is the link (you will need to cut and paste as it wont allow me to link it!): http://m.groupon.co.uk/deals/dealbank_en_gb/caterham-photography-2-4/54367020 I don't know the photographer or what style s/he uses but just thought I'd post it in case it was of interest to anyone. x

5 replies

Latest activity by Little_MrsA2B, 20 of January of 2015 at 13:53
  • L
    Beginner July 2016
    Little_MrsA2B ·
    • Hide content

Just saw also there is a wedding package for 50 at the Thurock hotel at half price for anyone looking:

http://m.groupon.co.uk/deals/dealbank_en_gb/the-thurrock-hotel-restaurant-non-accommodation/48089822

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Research the photographer carefully. We have had some Groupon scare stories on this forum with photographer no shows or cancelling just before the wedding. This tog "may" be fine and I am casting no doubt on them....

Peter

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

^^^^^^^^^ What Peter said above, do your research and make sure you see hundreds of photos from one wedding. Groupon is a business killer if you are selling a service, a lot of photographers do it in the hope you upgrade to a higher package. That package for £199 is for 3 hours and 100 7x5 prints, he will be working for nothing once groupon take 50% from that price. I wish groupon would disappear if only to save businesses from bankruptcy.

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

Agreed there, not sure how they're managing to shoot for a literal loss!

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

It's £200 for the £500 package.

Stuff like this is used as typical bait. So, the photographer lists on Groupon offering a discount off of one particular package yet has several others on their site.

The photographer is only bound by groupon to offer the £500 package. If the couple wants a more expensive package then it's excempt from the discount and the photographer doesn't have to pay groupon anything.

Guy gets traffic for his site. People email him asking for the discount, he refuses but offers a smaller discount.

The photographer could take on all the cheap groupon stuff then cancel and refund keeping only the full day packages. Or, when emailed about availability he could say that the dates are only available for all day bookings.

• L
    Beginner July 2016
    Little_MrsA2B ·
    • Hide content

Oh dear, sounds like it could be a bit of a nightmare. I had no idea about any of that, so naive.

Thank you all so much for your wise words of warning. I had already booked my photographer but maybe my initial post wanting to help others was a little misguided. Apologies.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics