Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner September 2014

Wedding pictures on Facebook

future.mrs.c, 10 of February of 2014 at 22:30 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hi everyone,

Is anyone including anything on there invitations asking not to put any pictures of them on Facebook? I don't mind some going on after but worried some of my evening guests will see pictures of me in my dress before them actually seeing me

Don't know if this sounds silly :-/

11 replies

Latest activity by gpc1, 11 of February of 2014 at 13:47
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Just get the best man or usher to remind everyone not to put pictures on facebook until specified time/following day just before the ceremony starts.

Thats what we did and worked fine.

You could include something with your invites too but I would still have a reminder before the ceremony as people are likely to forget by then,

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Minicupcake ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

You can change your settings on Facebook so you have to approve posts that people tag you in, therefore no posts would appear on you wall until you approve them.

x x

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

^^ WSS

Although people will still be able to put the pics up, just not tag you in them.

You can also get the registrar to ask people not to take pics during te ceremony so you could ask them to also request that people don't upload any pics till the evening probably.

• Mrspetal
    Beginner February 2014
    Mrspetal ·
    • Hide content

As a hater of FB, a few months ago I would of said that no pictures are to be put on fb till later.

but now I don't really give a damn!

• W
    Beginner February 2014
    Wifeytobe88 ·
    • Hide content

I would just message the people you're worried will do it before the wedding, there can't be that many surely? The only ones I'm worried about are h2b's brother and girlfriend, as they literally put EVERYTHING on Facebook, even selfies when driving (!!!!). I'm not planning on going on Facebook on the morning of my wedding, but I can just imagine quickly checking the app on my phone if I've got any good luck messages, and seeing a picture of my h2b and his dad in their suits, uploaded by his brother or girlfriend! So h2b is just going to tell them when he sees them the night before, and also tell his sister, so it makes it less obvious that it's specific to them haha.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

We're going to mention it on our wedding website and give a reminder on the day too.

Registrars generally seem quite happy to make announcements along those lines prior to the ceremony, but if there's anyone in particular that you are worried about, definitely make a point of taking to them about it in person if you can.

We've been in situations where it's been made as clear as day that the couple don't want photos during the ceremony for example, only to have guests step in to the aisle for a quick snap as the bride walks in. If it's super important to you, you can never be too clear ?

• Jaysmonkey
    Beginner August 2014
    Jaysmonkey ·
    • Hide content

No, our wedding is so small and most of my family don't have facebook.

It won't make a difference to us.

• PinkButterfly
    Beginner June 2014
    PinkButterfly ·
    • Hide content

I don't want the pictures on Facebook or Instagram or Twitter... ever!!!!! On my wedding website I've highlighted this by simply saying 'we chosen to share this day with our family and closest friends and would like to keep the day personal to those we chosen to share it with, for this reason we ask that pictures of wedding/bridal party are not shared on Facebook/Instagram/twitter, however we would love to see the pictures you capture on the day these can be shared here on this website.... Bla bla bla! We hope you enjoy the day and happy snapping'

the website links with an app called wedding party or something like that which uploads pics directly to site so I've encouraged those with smartphones to download it (it's free) but pictures can also be uploaded directly from phone or camera too

• G
    gpc1 ·
    • Hide content

Modern times Eh.

Not silly at all, perfectly reasonable. Its your day.

Well, one suggestion, and i have seen this, is that with the invites a very polite, friendly request that whilst photos are OK please dont post to FB etc until after 7.30 pm. (by which time everyone has had a few and post selfies / party shots anyway). If you do this before the day, as well as a friendly reminder from the reg on the day most people are willing to comply. It would highly unusual (and somewhat disrespectful) to go against your wishes.

Provided its communicated in a nice way, and get the Reg to remind eberyone to turn off phones and not post piccies you should be fine.

Alternativley getthe best man to walk round with a bag and confiscate the phones....slightly extreme but the only 100% guranteed way that nothing will get posted LOL (im joking by the way).

Also, when you get the RSVP's back, a quick ring round thanking people and dropping in to the call the request to not post should well and truly plant the seed.

Rgds

• F
    Beginner September 2014
    future.mrs.c ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I don't mind pictures going on there. It's just there's people coming in the evening that I would of really liked there in the day but wasn't possible. So would like them to see my dress as they arrive

• C
    Beginner April 2014
    cerysrichards ·
    • Hide content

On our order of service we have the following: we would be delighted to see any photos that you take from today however we do ask that you refrain from uploading photos onto social media until after 8:30pm to allow our evening guests to arrive and experience our day for themselves.

• G
    gpc1 ·
    • Hide content

On our order of service we have the following: we would be delighted to see any photos that you take from today however we do ask that you refrain from uploading photos onto social media until after 8:30pm to allow our evening guests to arrive and experience our day for themselves.

Perfect!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics