Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner July 2021 West Midlands

Wedding Planned for July 21 - venue refusing refusing refund.

RomanticGreenBridesmaid30470, 16 of October of 2020 at 16:44 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 3
Hi all,

We are due to marry July 2021. We feel that it is highly unlikely that it will be going ahead and if so, surely it will only be for 30 people? Right now the maximum number for weddings it’s 15 people, this includes officiants and any other suppliers we have chosen. We are currently in dispute with the venue as the co tract we signed last February is surely void or should be under some scrutiny due to the current situation. Seen as the number went from 30 to 15 then, come May, if the situation is getting better, the number would rise back up to 30 again? At our wedding, we chose to have 50 people in the day and 200 on the evening - the contract we signed was under those conditions.
Is anybody else having trouble with their venue over refunds? It would be interesting to see who is in the same boat as us!

3 replies

Latest activity by jonathan, 29 of June of 2021 at 20:23
  • E
    Beginner September 2021 Berkshire
    Expensiveivoryconfetti49526 ·
    • Hide content
    We are having the same issue! We are due to get married September 2021, however due to financial circumstances - me being made redundant and my partner self employed and the restrictions that are in place I can’t see 100 being allowed in one room!! We have enquired about cancelling but they will only refund us our deposit of £6,000!! If they manage to resell the date! Highly unlikely. Our insurance doesn’t cover us because I didn’t get a pay out and I can’t be covered on credit card as I paid via bank transfer!!

If you paid by credit card you can claim under section 75 if over £100.
    Wedding insurance isn’t worth the paper it’s written on!
  • RomanticBrownStationery29719
    Dedicated
    RomanticBrownStationery29719 ·
    • Hide content
    Hi.
    I get married in june and am actually hopefull for bigger numbers (50 minimum but as we are outdoors maybe even 100, as infection rates likely lower in summer again due to seasonal decrease). I think you might just be a bit early asking for a refund. Maybe wait till february/march and see how things develop?
    With plans to start vaccinating beginning of the year larger gatherings might be allowed (possible with some restrictions) in the summer. So I do understand why your venue wont process refunds just jet. ..If the uk really starts vaccinating as early as Christmas, weddings might be available in bigger numbers by spring.....(if they really vaccinate 20million people then that would make a huge difference coming much closer to herd immunity).I don't think you have legal standing jet as no one knows what will be in 6 months and there is no official notice saying restrictions will be in place that long. Obviously if number restrictions stay as strict as now you would likely be entitled to a refund. But no one know jet. So I would say give it a couple of months to see what happens with the vaccine and take it from there.... rather then ending up on bad terms with your venue and then realising you can have your wedding after all. Stay safe xxx
  • J
    Beginner February 2020 Derbyshire
    jonathan ·
    • Hide content

Please refer to my advice in another part of this forum

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics