Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner June 2017

Wedding planner fee structure

AustralianBride2017, 8 of May of 2016 at 08:57 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi lovely brides to be!

I am brand new to this forum and slightly overwhelmed by everything... In negotiations with H2B (I'm learning the acronyms!! Smiley smile about wedding format and location: we live in Melbourne, Australia, and he is English and I'm half English, so we're looking at a wedding in Devon (near my Aunty, who lives in Exeter) in June/July 2017. It's all quite hard and stressful given the geographic ties.

I'm looking at getting a wedding planner to help out - my job is pretty full on, and that, combined with the distance makes it a bit of a must have, I think.

One wedding planner gave us a quote of 4K pounds, which is probably too much for our budget... And then I have come across another group in the Devon area who charge nothing at all, and they use the trade discounts to make their profit. Meaning I guess, that we wouldn't benefit from any discounts, but we get the benefit of a planner for free.

Has anyone had a wedding planner with this fee structure before? Apparently it is quite uncommon in the UK... Interested in pros / cons / questions I should ask them.

Thank you in advance!

2 replies

Latest activity by Bruce Neville Photography, 13 of May of 2016 at 20:01
  • D
    Beginner July 2016
    DevonBelle ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

I'm brandnew too - congratulations on your wedding, how exciting!

Unfortunately I have no experience or advice on weddings planners. But I do live in Devon and am planning my wedding in Sidmouth (10 miles east of Exeter) this July! If you need any location / venue advice from a local, please shout!

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

The wedding planners I know work with suppliers to negotiate a discount which they then use to justify the fees saved. So a planner charging 4k might be saving you 8k in return.

Those that don't charge at all? Not so sure how that works as they'd need to get paid somehow, maybe from the suppliers as a commission fee.

If you like, check out Lisa at https://www.carmelaweddings.co.uk/ as I've worked with her before and she's done some really good stuff for couples and is well regarded.

?

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am wondering if this is the same company one of my couples is using as they mentioned they had a wedding planner that didn't charge and that she makes her money off of the supplier discounts she gets. Is the free wedding planners company start with a G?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics