Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R

Wedding Planners

RomanticPurpleDecor30383, 3 of June of 2020 at 20:06 Posted on Planning 1 1

Hi I’m looking into the possibility of a wedding planner

and I just wanted some advice as to whether this is worth doing

or what would prevent you personally from hiring or not hiring one?

pros and cons appreciated?

Thanks

Lianne

1 replies

Latest activity by ExpensivePinkDecor51060, 18 of June of 2020 at 11:53
  • H
    HappyYellowBridesmaid774 ·
    • Hide content

I didn’t hire a planner, I only hired a day of coordinator. She walked us through the order of entering, the order of ceremony, etc. she basically ran the ceremony and made sure it was what we wanted and was flawless. I looked into planners since my wedding was semi destination wedding (which was five hrs away in a different state) but I decided it was more than I wanted to pay. If I did it all over again, I probably still wouldn’t hire a planner. I was very organized and proactive about finding my vendors. I did lots of research, read reviews, and made three trips to the area to meet with potential vendors during the planning process. I used the templates to make sure I stayed on track with everything and didn’t forget anything. I scheduled meetings and tours with vendors on my own for each trip and it was a very successful experience. Having a planner is convenient because they handle all the vendors and it may have been less stressful but I enjoyed the planning process and managing everything. Hope this is helpful!

• E
    Beginner September 2021
    ExpensivePinkDecor51060 ·
    • Hide content

I guess it depends on how organised a person you are. There are so many resources out there to help you plan everything you need or help choose a style for your wedding. Most wedding planners have several options for the level of "planning" they get involved with.

I didn't want to have a planner because i knew the style of wedding i wanted & i am quite organised so researching vendors etc came pretty easy to me

I have got an on the day coordinator mainly because we are having a very DIY wedding, we are arranging everything ourselves. But i didn't want to have to worry on the day that there wasn't someone there that was independent from the wedding to help coordinate things on the day, make sure people are in the right place at the right time.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics