Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sparkly Tyke
Beginner March 2011

Wedding planning guide for a clueless bride?

Sparkly Tyke, 31 of October of 2013 at 10:24 Posted on Planning 0 4

I thought my WP days were long gone, but it would appear not!

Does anyone know of a book or planner that I could give to a friend who is utterly clueless when it comes to planning her wedding? To demonstrate just how disorganised and clueless she is, she didn't know until I casually mentioned this week that to get married in a civil ceremony she needs to give notice and book a registrar...! I've looked at "Wedding Planning for Dummies" (she would see the humour in that!) but it's obviously American and geared towards how they do weddings - my friend is just enough of a ditz for this to be potentially very confusing!

Any suggestions would be very welcome! TIA ?

4 replies

Latest activity by Sparkly Tyke, 31 of October of 2013 at 20:37
  • H
    Beginner August 2014
    HundredMonkeys ·
    • Hide content

I've just booked a wedding coordinator for our wedding who also does wedding planning and offering advice. Could you encourage your friend to find one or put her in touch with one or two wedding planners? Many just offer a few hours meeting where you can discuss what you want and how to go about it. Or they can plan the whole thing for you.

I just googled wedding planners in my area and found loads, then checked their "stats" to make sure they were legitimate. The lady we have is brilliant and has offered so many ideas/advice already, and we're just having her be there on the day and I've done all planning myself.

This might be good for your friend- chatting to someone who knows the ropes and can put her in the right direction?

• MischiefMumma
    Beginner August 2014
    MischiefMumma ·
    • Hide content

Bex! I got that one too! Its got little wallets in it too so you can print things off and store them in there for reference. Why not introduce her to Hitched too, might help to ask questions for when shes stuck, and get advice.

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Hello from a new hitcher (introductory post on main planning board)- best thing in my humble opinion is to guide her to a forum. books are great but if for any reason it doesn't give her the answers she needs, real people going through the same process will be an even better font of information! Smiley smile HTH

• Sparkly Tyke
    Beginner March 2011
    Sparkly Tyke ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the suggestions ladies. I don't think she'd use a forum, she'd never have chance to be honest. I'll have a look in WHSmiths next time I'm around town. Other than that, I think this MOH is going to be heavily involved in keeping the bride on track!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics