Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

O
Beginner January 2012

Wedding planning tricky because of a family feud?

OliviaRicochet, 19 of June of 2013 at 12:37 Posted on Journalist Seeking... 0 3

Hi there, I'm posting from a leading production company. I'm looking to hear about stories of couples whose big day is hard to organise because of a family feud (parents, siblings, or extended families etc), or even people who are already married who experienced this issue when they planned their wedding.

It would be brilliant to hear from anyone who has a connection with this kind of situation, it would involve no obligation if you do make contact.

Many thanks, I look forward to hearing from anyone who'd like to chat with me.

Olivia

3 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousBlueFlowers61309, 19 of April of 2018 at 11:45
  • M
    Beginner August 2014
    markandkatieswedding ·
    • Hide content

Hi Olivia,

My partners family are constantly falling out and then making up which has made planning a bit uncomfortable sometimes. At the moment they are not on the guest list and his parents have said that even if they all make up they still don't nee to be invited. It has however meant that none of his family know that we are getting married. We can't add them to the guest list at the moment as theres no room, so we're hoping that they don't make up again.

We also have the added problem of them falling out again if we do put them on the guest list.

It's not a big issue, but something that has concerned us.

Katie and Mark

• O
    Beginner January 2012
    OliviaRicochet ·
    • Hide content

Hi Katie and Mark, thanks so much for posting your message.

Would you be happy to touch base with me on the phone this week? Again, it wouldn't involve any obligation, I'm just interested in hearing more about your situation and how these kinds of difficult relationships inpact on people's weddings.

If you are happy to talk for five minutes, I can call you at a convenient time, or if you'd rather, my number is ****.

Many thanks, I hope you're having a good start to the week.

Olivia

• W
    Beginner August 2017
    welshnat ·
    • Hide content

My OH and I are planning our wedding for July 2014 and the guest list has been the hardest thing so far. My family have a history of big bust ups and then making up, currently I am not on speaking terms with an aunt who actually helped raised me. She has also fallen out with other members of my family so I do not want he at my wedding. The problem is that I have not fallen out with her husband, who I thought of as a second father growing up, and I would love to have him at my wedding.

I have 2 cousins by my aunt, one of which I also fell out with have made up with to the point that we are civil, but again my cousin had fallen out with other members of my family. I would like to invite my cousins, but am concerned that she will cause drama on the day, which she has a history of.

It is getting to the point that I am thinking of cutting the guest list completely so that I don;t have to explain why some people aren't invite.

• L
    LuxuriousBlueFlowers61309 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Katie and Mark,

I'm from the BBC - we're hoping to speak to you regarding your wedding. Looking to speak to couples who've had a feud with their family about their wedding or whose wedding has brought them together. Would you be available today? Many thanks, Davinia

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics