Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner September 2013

wedding post box?

AmzieM, 19 of June of 2013 at 10:08 Posted on Planning 0 23

Ive been thinking for past few weeks about if to have a post box or not?

is the whole point of them for guests to put their cards inside?

how big or small should it be? i have seen a couple and my OH mentioned about dont want it too big as it looks a bit like expecting a lot, but then if its on the small side and they all cant fit in then could end up losing some.

if anyone gives us gifts, where would be the best place to put them; next to the post box?

how much do they cost? where would be best place to get one?

if buy plain one and decorate it myself would the cost add up?

oh, what do they actually say on them? - i havent seen one with clear writing on to make out what it says.

sorry a lot of questions about a box. haha.

23 replies

Latest activity by Evelyn, 22 of April of 2024 at 11:09
  • loadsagifts
    Beginner January 2012
    loadsagifts ·
    • Hide content

Hi Amzie

We sell them in all shapes and sizes BUT a friend of mind recently got married and did a lot of her own preps inc the post box.

She got an old fashioned, battered suitcase and decorated it with all sorts of nostalgia (both her and her OH have lost their mom so she put old photos of them on there), she did the something old etc on there and decorated it with fairy lights. To keep the theme, rather than spend money on a guest book, she bought luggage tags and asked people to write on those and also leave them in the suitcase.

Obviously I will not mind if you wish to look and purchase from me lol but If you are cost saving the above is one idea

• M
    Beginner July 2013
    MrsG2013 ·
    • Hide content

My dads a postman... and proud! So we hired one of the old red royal mail post boxes. It was £35.00 but I have to collect it and drop it off. Its a red one.

We've not got a gift list we just asked for money to put towards our deposit for a new home.

Look on ebay they have some on there and you can get some ideas ?

• Simon and Alison
    Beginner
    Simon and Alison ·
    • Hide content

Have a search on ebay for "wedding post box" - loads on there, most popular option that we see is the ivory cardboard type, decorated with the couples names & wedding date. Really easy to decorate yourself ?

• PinkButterfly
    Beginner June 2014
    PinkButterfly ·
    • Hide content

I've ordered this on esty... Can't wait for it to arrive. You put pictures in yourself, so I can use this for years to come... Children's birthday parties, anniversaries, christenings.

maybe years down the line my own children will use it at their wedding. (Lol I know I'm taking it too far now but I love this box so much)

• H
    Beginner December 2014
    HelsB ·
    • Hide content

I've thought about all those questions myself over the past few months - and over a post box as you say!?

So, to avoid the is it too big / too small and to keep the costs down I've decided to go with a wicker picnic type basket (already lined) and to get some wooden / cardboard letters spelling 'cards' to go infront of it.

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This sounds perfect, and then you have a nice wedding box to store all those bits that you want to keep, like spare invites, fovour boxes, ect

• V
    Beginner September 2013
    Vix7913 ·
    • Hide content

I made a card box for my BIL & SIL for their wedding. I ordered a plain ivory card box from ebay and decorated it with ribbon and butterflies to match their theme and printed a little plaque to put on the front with their names, wedding date and a little thank you. Cost around £15.

For my wedding I am lining a wicker hamper with leftover fabric from making our bunting and hanging a little cards sign on the lid.

• C
    Beginner January 2012
    CMonk2b ·
    • Hide content

When i was looking i heard horrible stories about people targeting weddings and stealing wedding cards out of un-secured post boxes, this got me really nervous, so i got one made which has a screwed bottom to it and im also placing some candles in vases on the top as added security. It is clear perspex (quite modern).

• minimorecambe
    Beginner August 2013
    minimorecambe ·
    • Hide content

My other half is a joiner so he is making ours and I will be decorating it. We are having something like this.
    I will buy wooden letters off ebay and stick them on it and then paint over them. It will have a lockable door at the back

• PinkButterfly
    Beginner June 2014
    PinkButterfly ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is one of the reasons I chose the box I did, it lockable! Not foolproof I know but gives a little bit of extra security.

• Childhood-Sweet<3
    Beginner July 2014
    Childhood-Sweet<3 ·
    • Hide content

I made this for ours. Going to suspend the bunting over it on sticks or something.

• Y
    Beginner April 2014
    YellowDuckie ·
    • Hide content

I really want the Royal Mail style one but not sure I can fork out on something so trivial or be bothered to collect and rent it from anywhere a few days before the wedding!

• G
    Beginner August 2013
    golden ·
    • Hide content

Using our mailbox. We ordered a new one with the surname on and our wedding date is the same as our house number. So it will be used again!

• L
    Beginner June 2013
    Lauko ·
    • Hide content

Love this! Where I have ordered mine and paid deposit I can't seem to hear back from them, what's this one called on the easy site?x

• LillyBling
    Beginner August 2013
    LillyBling ·
    • Hide content

Without wanting to say our post boxes are fantastic.. they are Smiley smile If you're looking for a "bling" look they're the ones for you..

? x

• alabastamasta
    Beginner May 2014
    alabastamasta ·
    • Hide content

My granny and aunt were postladies and we have sadly lost both of them - we are hiring a postbox as a nod to them on the day Smiley smile

• Jens Hand Crafted Stationery
    Jens Hand Crafted Stationery ·
    • Hide content

I offer personlised card post boxes.

They are roughly 50cm x 50cm.

Take a look at my fb page - link below - and if you like what you see, drop me a message.

Jen x

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

This seems to be an old post dragged up again with people advertising!

• Nova
    Beginner July 2019 New York
    Nova ·
    • Hide content

The decision to have a post box can really enhance the experience for your guests! It's a thoughtful touch that shows attention to detail. Regarding size, I'd suggest a moderate size to accommodate various card sizes without looking too imposing. When it comes to costs, you have options – from budget-friendly to custom designs. DIY decoration can be a fun project and potentially cost-effective too! Wishing you a wonderful event!

• Nova
    Nova ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah You're right

• E
    Evelyn ·
    • Hide content

Hey there! It's totally normal to have a bunch of questions when considering a post box. They're not just for cards—some guests might use them for gifts too. As for size, aim for something practical but not overwhelming; you want it to fit the vibe of your event. You can always decorate a plain one to match your theme if you're worried about cost. As for where to get one, check out ibexpackaging.com for better options. As for what they say, it's usually something simple like "Cards" or "Well Wishes," but feel free to personalize it! Don't stress too much over it—it's all about making it work for you. Hope this helps!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics