Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner September 2010

Wedding presents... What have you got your h2b/b2b?

lucypez, 7 August, 2010 at 18:36 Posted on Planning 0 14

Just a nosey post really to see what all you lovely hitchers have got your h2b/b2b's as a wedding present? And when/how are you planning to give it to them? Or have you decided not to get each other gifts?

I've got my h2b a beautiful pocket watch which is at the engravers at the moment, it will have his initials on one side and the date of our wedding on the other. Still not sure when to give it to him, I was thinking about giving it to his best man and then on the wedding morning have him give it to him, but at the same time I'd like to see his face when he opens it.

The possible problem with giving it to him personally is that I'm not sure that he will have got me anythingas we've not discussed it. I don't think I'd be upset if he hasn't, as I'm not even sure you're supposed to get each other a gift or if it's tradition etc, but I reckon he'd feel pretty awful if I give him a gift and he hasn't got me anything!x

14 replies

Latest activity by GeordieBarbie, 8 August, 2010 at 11:55
  • The BFG
    Beginner August 2010
    The BFG ·
    • Hide content

Ive got H2B a photo-loveletter book it contains some quotes and a few personal messages plus pics of us, ive also arranged a dove release as a tribute to his mum who died almost 2 years ago (he wont know anything about it until he arrives at he venue on the day) ive also made up a CD of a few of his mum's favourite tracks to play when releasing the doves x

• S
    Beginner September 2011
    Sawah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is such a lovely idea Smiley smile

I dont know whether i'l get my OH a proper present as we have said not to bother i might get some sill things like personalised socks and boxers. Im not sure yet

• COCOCHIQUITA1984
    Beginner
    COCOCHIQUITA1984 ·
    • Hide content

I've got my H2B a pocket watch too - we were originally going to not get presents for each other, but then H2B let slip he was getting me a present, and I was going to get him something so that didn't last 5 minutes! Hehe! I'm going to leave it with his BM to give to him on the wedding morning....hopefully that way he'll turn up on time!!!

xx

• W
    www.poesh.co.uk ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

this is lovely Smiley smile

• The BFG
    Beginner August 2010
    The BFG ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the compliments, i wanted to do/get something 'different' and personal with meaning, im hoping ive managed that - not even H2B's dad or sister's know about the dove release either x

• L
    Beginner September 2010
    lucypez ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Such a lovely present! I'm sure he'll be so happy with it.x

• sparkles1984
    Beginner
    sparkles1984 ·
    • Hide content

I have bought my OH a collectable Ferrari car and a DVD box set! They are things he wants so thought he would appreciate them. I am taking them to his BF House that week so he can open it in the morning! X

• millymolly83
    Beginner August 2010
    millymolly83 ·
    • Hide content

We decided to not do presents. However.... i heard from my mum (good old mums eh?) that i have a gift. So i brought h2b a wallet, and managed to get a few special photos of us all put together and put in it. And a personlised "love is..." book. Not great presents in some peoples eyes. But they are just little things. He has me, what more does he want He he!

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

He's getting me... for life! That is all Smiley smile

• sidsidney
    Beginner
    sidsidney ·
    • Hide content

We said we werent getting any for each other.... But I have gotten two...!! ?

The photos from my boudoir shoot, which I am giving him the day before, before he leaves for the hotel as (a) Id quite like to see his reaction, (b) if he decides that Im a hussey and doesnt want to marry me at least I get dumped the day before and not at the altar (very unlikely, but must plan for all eventualities!!) and (c) I dont trust him not to show them to his BM/ushers!

Also I have some cufflinks that say 'see you at 1pm' on them (I stole that idea from some lovely Hitcher who flashed them on here... ?!!)

• GemmaLouise1986
    Beginner
    GemmaLouise1986 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh fab,where'd you get those from?

• L
    Beginner September 2010
    lucypez ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love it!

• N
    Beginner
    NolaD ·
    • Hide content

I'm with you Mrs. Spink to be! My future hubby and I have decided not to get each other gifts since we are our gifts to each other. Besides, there are so many wedding expenses to cover, it just seems unneccessary to us at this point. We have the rest of our lives to get each other anniversary, birthday, and just to say I love you gifts!

• sidsidney
    Beginner
    sidsidney ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Here.....http://www.withlovefrom.com/product.asp?pf_id=WCU02_TIME&name=see+you&sfile=1&user_search=1&name=seeyou&=cid&RRPY0KPCDLYDZL99GC6R5IOY6ES29MLN=

There are some more expensive ones that are silver not silver plated. And I got the case engraved too.

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

We said we weren't doing presents but he bought me some amazing Tiffany earrings when he was stuck in the US due to the ash cloud and he arranged the whole honeymoon as a surprise, I wanted to get him.

I got him...
    * SSGB Hipflask - he always said he was gonna have a hipflask on the day so I thought i'd get him a "special" one (as it turns out he didn't pack one!)
    * Paul Smith boxer shorts
    * Paul Smith naked lady hankerchief - he always uses hankies and had wanted the naked lady cufflinks but at >£100 I thought the hankie would be a practical fun alternative
    * Paul Smith naked lady cufflinks! - The cufflinks he planned to wear didn't go with his shirt and he was a bit miserable about having to "make do" with the other ones he had (which he didn't really like anymore) - I found them on the Harvey Nic's website for £65!

I bought some white gift bags, pink tissue paper and white luggage tags to make up the gifts for everyone on the day. I wrapped Dan's up the same and sent it with one of the groomsmen on the day for him. Apparently he already had his suit and shirt on when the boys arrived so he had to go and change ?

On of the first thing he said to me on the day was "thanks for my naked ladies" ?

And my georgous Tiffany earrings!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics