Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner September 2023 Dumfries Galloway & Ayrshire

Wedding Readings

Abigail, 7 of July of 2023 at 12:50 Posted on Planning 0 5
Hoping some clever people out there have suggestions…I am looking for wedding poems/readings that involve animals in some way as they are very relevant to our relationship ❤️ any ideas?

5 replies

Latest activity by AliceNit, 10 of July of 2023 at 10:37
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Any specific animals? 'Animals' is a very broad field!

For specific animals - Blake wrote two famous poems about the Lamb and the Tiger, John Clare wrote a lot about British animals and birds, Gerard Manley Hopkins wrote the Windhover, Ted Hughes has written quite a few on animals.

Rachel Field wrote 'Something told the wild geese it was time to go', about the autumn migration which might fit in if your wedding is late in September.

There are anthologies based around specific topics, so you could try hunting through an animal anthology. Or google '{animal name] poem' and see what comes up.

If you can narrow down the animals you want included, I might be able to think up some more. And are you looking for funny, serious, heart-warming, thought-provoking?

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

(And if you're getting married in Scotland, you should consider Robert Burns Mouse poem!)

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Have a look at A Lovely Love Story by Edward Monkton its about dinosaurs -- they are animals, right !

I think that's the one i have heard because i don't really pay attention as i am concentrating on getting the shots.

• A
    Oregon
    Articicezephyr ·
    • Hide content

How about a poem that celebrates the loyalty of a dog or the gracefulness of a bird? Animals can bring so much joy, just like your relationship. Can't wait to hear how it turns out! 🐾🦅

• L
    Beginner August 2022 Greater Manchester
    Libby ·
    • Hide content
    We had “how falling in love is like owning a dog” by Taylor Mali, it was a big hit with everyone there, sweet but lighthearted and funny too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics