Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner January 2012

Wedding readings- How many you having??

la1510, 23 March, 2011 at 20:26 Posted on Planning 0 8

We're having a civil service and I don't want it to be over in the blink of an eye so I'm going to include readings, to 1) make it a bit more personal and 2) also make it a bit longer- unashamedly I want my moment to go on as long as possible!!! However I'm not sure how many to have?? As much as I want my wedding to last forever I am aware that everyone will be bored by the end if I drag it out for too long- How many (if any) are you lovely ladies and gents having???

8 replies

Latest activity by Saisi, 23 March, 2011 at 21:11
  • ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

We're having two - one of which we will read as 'additional vows to each other' at the appropriate point in the service.

We're also having a blessing service afterwards once the registrars have left so will have a Bible reading in that too.

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content

We are having one reading and the responsorial psalm which will be said by 2 friends. We chose to just have one as we are having a catholic ceremony (they tend to be quite long without adding too many readings!) I have been to a few non church weddings ans they each had 2 readings and I still thought it was short in comparison to church weddings.

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

I want 2-but some people are putting meoff by saying ''u dont need them and it'll bore everyone'' i want ''our weddig day'' and ''the promise'' so really dont know-ours is a church wedding

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

We are having just one reading.

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If people are going to be "bored" having to sit through a couple of readings at a wedding then I would perhaps suggest they aren't the right people to be invited to share in your big day with you.

Not your fault but I have never heard anything so pathetic! What do they expect at a wedding if not readings?

"Do you?" "yep" "Do you" "Yep" "Right, you're married, now where's the bar?"

• B
    Beginner May 2012
    Bride2b27 ·
    • Hide content

Were having three, OH has two sisters who we wanted to include in the wedding as they are not bridesmaids and my cousin is doing one, they are pretty short and one is quite humurous so hopefully people wont be bored! ?

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content

Have as many readings as you want! Most of the weddings I've been too have had 2 or 3 readings whether they were civil or church. The civil ceremonies were mostly still shorter than the church ones cos the legalities take less time anyway. We're having a church ceremony and hoping to have one biblical reading and two non-biblical ones.

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My OH would love this! He is terrified of messing up his words so this would be perfect...lol

I would like a reading but he isnt so keen....his daughter wants to read a poem but she might get shy

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I totally agree... if that's how people feel then they don't "need" to attend!

We are having two readings... my little cousin is reading Shakespeare's Sonnet 116 and my friend is doing a surprise one so I don't know whether it'll be poetry or prose, or even whether she'll write it herself (she's an English student) but I'm sure it'll be lovely. (Yes, I know the registrar has to know in advance, she's going to tell my H2B so he can sort it out.) I did worry a little at first that it might be a bit quick (ours is a register office ceremony) but figured half an hour is still a pretty long time and our day is very long so perhaps it's best if the formalities are a little shorter.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics