Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Curious August 2022 West Yorkshire

Wedding reception

Kim, 11 of October of 2021 at 10:27 Posted on Planning 0 4
We are having church wedding at 3pm does 5pm sound like right time for reception to start

4 replies

Latest activity by Kim, 11 of October of 2021 at 17:35
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

I always tell my couples to allow 1 hour so for you I would say you will be outside with the bells ringing at 4pm. The service is usually 40min but you can easily be 5-10 mins late (without even trying to be late) so that is 50mins - then you have to allow time for people to actually come out of the church and they all will want to congratulate you.

If you are not having much in the way of photos at the Church except maybe a couple of you and a confetti shot then realistically you will be leaving much before 4.30.

You could speed things up by being on time and forgoing a little congratulating BUT you could find yourself leaving and the bells will be playing to no one there.

So at 4.30 then add on travel time to the venue. Then usually the photos will be at the venue whilst drinks are had. So the venue should expect you to arrive between 4.30 and 5 but would not be the wedding breakfast time.

• K
    Kim ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thankyou so much
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

If you are having a meal then as per Bills times I would say 5.30 to 6ish, and then your eve guests from 7.30 ish.

• K
    Kim ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No were not straight to reception from church after photos xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics