Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner May 2013

Wedding Reception at the Boatyard, Leigh?

hannah_kate90, 24 October, 2011 at 17:05 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi getting very confused about choosing a wedding reception venue so wondering if anyone can help!

My fiancee and I would love to hold our wedding reception at the boatyard in leigh. I was just wondering if anyone else had had their reception there and if so how much it cost? I imagine it must be quite pricey and obviously I don't want to visit there and get my hopes up only to find out it's way out of our budget!!

Thank you Smiley smile

4 replies

Latest activity by hannah_kate90, 29 January, 2012 at 11:36
  • NorthernLight
    NorthernLight ·
    • Hide content

I dont know much about the venue, but wanted to say Welcome to Hitched! xx I live in Warrington so not far from you x

• Gem_k
    Beginner July 2012
    Gem_k ·
    • Hide content

Hi there Hannah, Welcome to Hitched Smiley smile

I live in Southend, are you talking about the Boyard Restaurant in Leigh on Sea? If so i would give it a miss unless you have a big budget. We asked for a quote as we thought it would be an amazing venue for our reception, the quote was a massive £20k for a wedding breakfast a few drinks and a buffet. No entertainment, just the standard package. £20k!!! no way! Also thsi was for a wedding on a Friday in July 2012, needless to say we went and looked at another venue and are very happy with out choice and the competitive quote.

If you have that kind of budget then go for it get a quote and have a look. If not i wouldn't bother. It's a shame as the venue is lovely but i wouldn't pay £20k for the use of it!

Hope that helps, if i have got the wrong venue, sorry.

Gem k Smiley smile x

• H
    Beginner May 2013
    hannah_kate90 ·
    • Hide content

£20k?!! wow that's waaay out of my budget. Thanks for warning me! I must have expensive taste haha Smiley smile x

• K
    Beginner August 2013
    kjflynn ·
    • Hide content

Hi Gem,

Have just seen your message about the Boatyard, as it's a place that my fiance and I would love to have our reception at too. Very concerned about the price though!! Was wondering where you found as an alternative? We're considering the Roslin Hotel in Southend, but are keen to see if there's anywhere else in the area to consider.

Thanks,

Katie x

• H
    Beginner May 2013
    hannah_kate90 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Katie,

I know I'm not Gem but thought I could help! Me and my fiancee recently spoke to the boatyard and they gave us a quote of 11 000 if we were to have it mid week in may, that's including a 3 course meal, entertainment during the meal, evening buffet, £1000 behind the bar, etc. They said they couldnt really go under that as they have to make enough money to justify closing the restaurant all day.

The Roslins really nice but apparently it only seats 60, so we couldn't go for it.

We decided to go for the Fennes in Braintree in the end, its a really beautiful venue and if you're looking to get married before March 2013 they have some great special offers!

Hope I helped,

Hannah x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics