Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner January 2011

Wedding reception in bluebell wood

Fiercekytten, 30 of August of 2012 at 09:27 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hello all

I am new to the site and this is my first post, I'm hoping someone will be able to help me.

After nearly 5 years of engagement and 2 children I am finally planning our wedding! What I would love is a reception in a marquee in a bluebell wood, I am struggling to find if this is even possible never mind where, has anyone done this or know of any bluebell woods where this can be done?

I hope someone can help and look forward to chatting to some of you

Thank you for taking the time to read this

Sandy x

5 replies

Latest activity by Paula @ Ollievision, 17 of May of 2019 at 23:01
  • Loule
    Beginner June 2013
    Loule ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sandy

Where are you based? There are Bluebell Woods in East Sussex: http://www.bluebellwalk.co.uk/. No idea if they could/would be able to put up a marquee for you, but there are contact details on their website.

The nearby English Wine Centre (http://www.englishwine.co.uk/weddings.php) does weddings though, so you may be able to pop to the woods for photos ate least.

Hope that is helpful. x

• xlovebirdsx
    Beginner August 2012
    xlovebirdsx ·
    • Hide content

I live right by bluebell woods in slough. I can see it from my window Smiley smile

http://www.wildeyephotos.co.uk/bluebell-woods

Its part of Burnham beeches, which is used alot in films

xx

• L
    Beginner
    LuxuriousRedCars79937 ·
    • Hide content

Hi sandy,

there is is a place called bluebell woods in Sywell, Northamptonshire, absolutely beautiful. We are looking at holding our entire day there.

If this isn’t too far from you I would definitely recommend having a look ?

• R
    Savvy August 2019
    RomanticPinkDecor31906 ·
    • Hide content

Where are you?

Hazlewood castle in Yorkshire has a new woodland venue. The venue itself is not a bluebell wood but you would see bluebells from there in the surroundings. And the driveway up to it is a carpet of bluebells - you could of course head there for photos. Its been really beautiful recently

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

The first issue with this most excellent idea is that bluebells bloom at slightly different dates each year! I know this because I live in a forest and do a lot of photo shoots with the bluebells.

This year they bloomed earlier than last year, maybe 2 weeks earlier.

The other issue is that British bluebells are a protected species and should not be walked or sat on. I think it would be difficult to get permission to erect a marquee where bluebells are flowering.

However, if you booked your wedding reception at The Stables in Adel, LS16, you can put a marquee on the back. There are bluebells very close by! You could even go into the forest for the photos you're after.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics