Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

X
Beginner

wedding reception venue milton keynes

xkayleyx, 11 January, 2011 at 00:28 Posted on Planning 0 3

Looking for somewhere that we can do own catering, bring own marquee/hire one and have our own entertainment. dont have a huge budget, does anyone know of anywhere near milton keynes?

3 replies

Latest activity by jbarton, 12 January, 2011 at 10:16
  • Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I don't want to burst your bubble but we spent AGES looking for someone like that in MK and ended up giving up after a very stressful search and going for a hotel with their own catering and no marquee!

Check with some of the other venues in and around MK to see what the catering options are; our biggest worry was being pushed into a 3 course sit down banquet (very much NOT our style) but we asked the hotel and they were really happy to swap that element of the reception out and do us a hog roast bbq instead. Winner! Don't ask, don't get.

• Buzzee
    Beginner January 2012
    Buzzee ·
    • Hide content

Hi. If you'e just looking for a reception venue, my friend had hers in a chalet type building at a fishing lake nr Gifford Park/Newport Pagnell. Really trying to remember its name! Don't think they have a civil licence but if just after a nice place for reception - they hired in a hog roast, it was lovely.

• N
    Beginner January 2008
    niche79 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think Winter Bride is talking about the Marle Inn ?? It is at Linford Lakes. You can do your own catering there but you can't have a marquee, other than a small party tent off the side as it is already a stand alone venue.

Alternatively, Flaxbourne Gardens, which I think is Woburn way, you can use a marquee and your own catering I believe and the grounds are amazing !!

• J
    Beginner
    jbarton ·
    • Hide content

Hi, this page contains many venues in UK (<-click).

Not all of them of course, but many, search for something and call call call Smiley winking

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics