Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner February 2024 Merseyside

Wedding Reception Venue’s & Food

Estelle, 20 of January of 2023 at 13:07 Posted on Planning 0 3
Hi everyone, booked my wedding for 19th February 2024, still looking for a suitable venue to hold my wedding reception. We don’t want a 3 course meal as the prices are through the roof & we have around 160 on our guest list and still more to add. We want a drinks reception and then an evening buffet or hog roast, I’m undecided. Any ideas or advice will be helpful.

3 replies

Latest activity by Katie, 1 of February of 2023 at 11:02
  • S
    Beginner September 2024 Essex
    Sophie ·
    • Hide content

I've opted against a sit down meal too for the same reason, plus I wanted my reception to be a bit more informal.

I found a burger van, although it's a converted vintage horse box as opposed to your typical burger van.
    They serve gourmet burgers and skin on fries, they charged me £10per head for a burger and side for each if my guests which I thought was reasonable and within my budget.
    The hog roast sounds like a good idea, and will also be a talking point. The reason we went with hot carb food in the evening was to help people absorb some of the alcohol they will have consumed throughout the day.
    I find that with buffets that so much food gets left over, but that just my opinion.

• Abbey
    Beginner March 2024 Nottinghamshire
    Abbey ·
    • Hide content

I'm having an afternoon tea thing out on the tables for when the ceremony starts and then in the evening, we're ordering pizza from dominos! We're just going to put all the pizza out on tables in a separate room and then have everyone to go in to get some as and when they want while the party is still going. Much more casual than a sit down meal and it's going make some brill pics having everyone eating pizza!

• K
    Beginner August 2023 Surrey
    Katie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was just considering having dominos for my evening food option also and then saw your reply to this? I was just wondering if you've looked into the costs and logistics of having dominos in the evening yet? I'm worried they might not cater to how many guests I have (about 120). Thanks!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics