Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Curious August 2021 Cheshire

Wedding registry. Does anyone still do this?

Happyyellowcakes15704, 17 of November of 2020 at 18:57 Posted on Planning 0 4
My fiance and I have always been a bit traditional when it comes to wedding and don't want to ask for money.

Is anyone else asking for gifts instead? We will add a poem in as well saying we don't expect gifts etc but just wondered if anyone still does this and if so how have they worded it on the invites?

4 replies

Latest activity by Theorganisedbride, 18 of November of 2020 at 18:26
  • T
    Dedicated September 2021 East Central London
    Theorganisedbride ·
    • Hide content
    Pretty much all of my friends who got married in the last 8 years or so have had registries, bar 2. (And I’ve been to about 20+ weddings in that time. 13 were in 1 year. No exaggeration.) We plan to do the same. Usually they say something like “your presence is present enough, but if you feel you’d like to give something then gifts listed here would be gratefully received .....(website link) or a contribution to our honeymoon (also a website link).” x
  • H
    Curious August 2021 Cheshire
    Happyyellowcakes15704 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for the suggestion. I've never been to a wedding yet where there has been one. They usually ask for honeymoon funds.
    Good luck with your wedding x
  • Jacky
    Savvy June 2022 West Yorkshire
    Jacky ·
    • Hide content

We're also hoping to do this as we're planning to move house before the wedding so will have plenty of items on our 'wish list'. Just not sure how you go about doing it unless you go through a single store - any ideas?

• T
    Dedicated September 2021 East Central London
    Theorganisedbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think there’s lots of wedding specific gift list websites eg Prezola, The Wedding Shop etc etc which have hundreds of brands on them. John Lewis is the traditional one. I think Amazon does a wedding gift list option too if you want a huge variety. We haven’t decided yet which site we’d use but probably not Amazon as I’d prefer to support smaller companies/brands.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics