Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hayley
Rockstar September 2022 Norfolk

Wedding ring

Hayley, 25 of September of 2021 at 21:38 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 11
My engagement ring is quite curvy and I'm not sure if I can wear a wedding ring with it. Has anyone experience of unusual shape engagement ring that they have managed to wear with a wedding ring? Or perhaps I can wear it on my other hand? Thanks.

11 replies

Latest activity by Hayley, 27 of September of 2021 at 17:47
  • Louise
    Rockstar March 2022 Devon
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    My engagement ring has a pearl on it and is very round, so my wedding ring has a dip in the front so it ducks underneath quite nicely.
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Louise. I have seen those type of rings but not sure if they would work for me as my ring is not symmetrical.
  • Louise
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Have a look in some high street shops (h samuel or f hinds) and try some out maybe, I do remember seeing the odd "wave" style dip somewhere, just so u can find the right shape before looking a bit further.
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Louise. I think we'll definitely go try some on. We're getting married next September. When do you think is a good time to start?
  • Louise
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    I got engaged at Christmas last year and will get married in March but I made my partner get me my wedding ring almost straight away as my pearl is too delicate for where I work so I switch between the two depending on what I'm doing, but u may find with the season over there the might be some sales? Haven't got my partners yet though!
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Louise. Think we'll probably get Christmas out of the way then look properly. I won't be wearing my engagement ring most of the time once married but it's nice to be able to when going out.
  • MrsRtoH
    Savvy October 2022 Merseyside
    MrsRtoH ·
    • Hide content
    Hiya chick! My ring is quite a big flat square and nothing in the shops fits with it so I've looked into getting it made. It's not as expensive as you would think. For a platinum band with some little diamonds in it, it's costing about £500.
    Defo look for a goldsmith! Smiley smile X
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the tip. That's not bad at all for diamonds and platinum
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

May be worth going to the shop it came from and see if they have the set wedding ring, often there wil be one designed to go with the engagement ring but not sold as a set. Or look at having a custom made one, which will possibly me more, but worth it so it looks and sits right. go try some on as the one you think wont work may do. The one I thought i wanted and matched my engagement ring looked awful and was swamped by my stone as it is high set so ended up with a thicker band and it looks perfect with it, cant wait to wear it!

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Charlotte. I will give them a message. I think they have recently stopped selling my engagement ring but it can't be that long ago. Glad you've found one you love.
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah it is still for sale. Maybe their site was down as I did have error messages elsewhere.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics