Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner October 2011

Wedding Ring Cushions

bingowings, 28 August, 2011 at 19:21 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi

I'm getting married in a registry office and was wondering does the best man keep hold of both the wedding rings until the day? Does he then pass them over to us when we are exchanging vows and/or should they be on a ring cushion held by him?

Sorry if this is a daft question!!

Thanks girls Smiley smile

9 replies

Latest activity by karen945, 28 August, 2011 at 22:17
  • moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content

I dont think people really use ring cushions anymore.

(someone correct me if I am wrong)

most people just hand them over when required

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

We are also gettiing married in a registry office but its actually based in the guildhall which holds 120 guests so we are having my son / ringbearer hand over thhe rings, we were given a check list of things we could have when we gave notice that we give to the registrar 8 weeks before the wedding so they know what we want, best man and maid of honour our our official witnesses so everyone feels they still have a job x

• B
    Beginner October 2011
    bingowings ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your quick replies!

I'm not sure I trust OH to look after them either! I shall ask the two of them to share the responsibility.

If they go missing, there will be murder in thr registry office floor!

So let me just check, when we are exchanging vows, the best man/witness steps forward and hands each of us the rings?

• K
    Beginner October 2011
    karen945 ·
    • Hide content

I've got my ringbearer a ceramic heart shaped dish for him to look after the rings down the aisle. I think the best man is looking after them first then giving them to matron of Honour to place on the dish for safekeeping.

• B
    Beginner October 2011
    bingowings ·
    • Hide content

Ringbearer?! Yikes, I need to appoint somebody (different) to do this?

• Bowski
    Bowski ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting 2 of these https://www.cooksongold.com/product_detail.jsp?Upd=y&prod_prefix=997&prod_suffix=038&item=1

Mr B is having 2 best men so they have one ring each. The rings will be with me until Mr B goes off to the venue in the morning and then he'll pass them on to the best men.

• B
    Beginner October 2011
    bingowings ·
    • Hide content

Good idea Bowski. Think I'll do something similar. ?

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

IMHO ring cushions are THE most stupid and pointless invention ever.

We have ours in a double ring box, we'll give it to our best person on the morning of our wedding and she'll produce them at the appropriate moment during the ceremony. Until then They'll stay in our bos of wedding stuff along with my watch, earrings and son's socks.

• K
    Beginner October 2011
    karen945 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I didn't say that my ringbearer is only 7 years old, and his sister is my bridesmaid. he will be in highland dress..... cute in a kilt.?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics