Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner July 2016

Wedding ring dilemma!!

RomanticPurpleFlowers963, 9 of November of 2017 at 14:11 Posted on Planning 0 1

My engagement ring is not a straight band and I’ve been finding it almost impossible to find a wedding ring which complements it.

I have tried a 2.5mm plain band but I don’t like the way it leaves a gap.

I thought I had found my dream ring, but after only 8 months the little diamonds are falling out and Goldsmiths say this is my fault for wearing it at night. Does anyone routinely take their rings off every night for sleeping? I’ve personally never heard you need to do this with gemstone jewellery but apparently it is the only way to keep the stones in their settings or they will get caught on threads in the duvet.....

Now I need to replace my wedding ring because it looks horrible with missing stones but I don’t know what to get! I’ve seen a website called Alba Rose which I might try because they can make something shaped. Has anyone got their rings from them.

I really like the stacked look though, and I don’t know how you can achieve that with shaped rings! Help please

1 replies

Latest activity by RomanticPurpleFlowers963, 10 of November of 2017 at 12:19
  • MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content

I've never known anyone take off their ring to go bed! Did they tell you this when you purchased the ring because if that was the case they should of told you this but I suspect it's a manufacturing fault and they should be fixing the ring!

I'm not married yet so haven't worn my wedding ring but mine has a few diamonds and I plan to wear it all the time as do most people I know! My friends engagement ring has lots of diamonds and this has never happened to her ring! If I was you I think I would speak to trading standards to see where you stand.

If you do go down the route of another ring, I had issues with finding a ring that fitted my engagement ring a it is shaped, someone on here recommended Orla James, as they had a large selection of rings and you could order as many sample rings as you liked for £2 each which is refunded when you send them back so it's a good way of seeing if any of the rings fit! They had one ring on there that fitted my shaped ring perfectly but I wanted a few diamonds so they made a bespoke order for me and the price was really reasonable and the service second to none so that might be worth an option, they even sent me a mock up of the ring to check it was what I wanted.

I hope you get this sorted out quickly Smiley smile

• R
    Beginner July 2016
    RomanticPurpleFlowers963 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you!! I have contacted Trading Standards via the Citizens Advice Centre because I think it’s ridiculous to have to keep taking them on and off. I wasn’t given any advice on how to care for the ring post purchase at all when I brought it from Goldsmiths but their customer service is terrible, they simply don’t care. I have asked them by email and sent a recorded delivery letter to them asking for a refund but still no reply. The manager of my local store is so rude I can’t bear to deal with her anymore. I’m glad that it’s not just me that thinks it’s unreasonable to be told to remove their wedding ring every night

I dont really have any choice to replace it myself and hope I get a refund at some point.

Just don’t know what to replace it with as I can’t find anything that “goes” well with my engagement ring.

Enormous thanks for your advice xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics