Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsR2B18
Beginner April 2018

Wedding ring for shaped engagement ring

MrsR2B18, 17 of October of 2016 at 13:09 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi Everyone!

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on what type of wedding ring to go with my shaped engagement ring?

I have spoken to some jewellers and they have said to get a ring made to the shape of my ring and another has said that I should go for a plain thicker straight band as it will look better for the wedding photos and if I stop wearing my engagement ring for any reason then my wedding ring will still look fine.

I have no idea which to go for if anyone has any photos or advice it would be much appreciated!

I've included a pic, sorry it's sideways I can't work out how to change it!

9 replies

Latest activity by MrsR2B18, 24 of October of 2016 at 10:47
  • L
    Beginner March 2018
    LuxuriousPinkCakes651 ·
    • Hide content

What a lovely ring. Mine is similar but with a brilliant cut diamond. I've decided not to get a wedding ring at all. I love my ring so much I'm just going to use it as my wedding ring too.

Good luck finding something that works for you.

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you!It's so hard to know what to do, i've tried a few different styles on but I didn't like them with it and i'm a little worried about getting one made in case I don't like it! Your idea sounds very good, less to worry about!

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content

Mine is also a bit of an awkward shape, and I have to say I don't like the feeling of gaps between the rings which is why I didn't go for a standard band. First picture is of my ER and WR separate so you can see how inbtween the sapphire and the diamond there is a bit that goes in. The pointy bit in my wedding ring slots nicely into that gap.

This is what I did. I thought showing the difference with and without the gaps would be useful. I have to say, out of all the high street shops we visited H Samuel gave us by far the best customer service and what we saw for me (he has a very simple thin band) rings that went with my ER even though I assume he didn't buy it from there.

Hope that helps! I found it useful to look at different shapes online and pictures of the rings together first.

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much for that! That's helped so much especially with the pictures! Your engagement ring is stunning and your wedding ring is perfect with it! I think I need to go and try lots on and see how I feel, I don't like gaps between the rings either so I don't think a straight band will be the best idea!

• S
    Beginner November 2016
    StarCRM ·
    • Hide content

I agree that a straight band probably wouldn't look as good as a shaped ring. The best thing would be to try on different shaped rings and see how they look.

I have a halo engagement ring so I got this shaped band to go with it (sorry if the pic is massive):

I had been planning on possibly getting a couple of sample rings from Orla James. They do a thing where they let you borrow samples of rings (not the actual rings, I think they're versions using a cheaper metal) sent in the post and you can try them on at home and see if you like them or not. But we ended up in Goldsmiths first and the manager who helped us there was really great and showed us a variety of rings to try on and see how they went with my engagement ring and I liked the ring in the pic above and went with that.

I think it's just a case of trial and error until you find something you like!

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you very much! I will have a look at Orla James and I think I just need to go and try different shapes on and not let the jewellers persuade me into a shape that i'm not happy with!

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aww thank you so much, copied this to the husband and he got very smug as I didn't choose my engagement ring. Absolutely try on lots of different styles even ones you are not sure will go, how many times during planning do you have a set idea, then see something completely the opposite and know that's the one.

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content

Bless him! He did good!

My H2B chose mine aswell, I had no idea that he was going to propose so he was very pleased when I loved it!

God yes things change so much and end up being completely different to what I expected but some how it all fits together and seems like fate! I was like that with my dress, I went for something the complete opposite of what I thought i'd have and i'm sure my guest won't expect it either which is really nice!

I will try lots of different styles and shapes and see which I prefer! Thank you Smiley smile

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

My engagement ring is currently being made so I haven't got a picture but it's a very odd shape so the band will definitely need making to match. I'm using a manufacturing jewelers who works to the budget you give him, he's really good. It's called Tiago and it's based in Sheffield.

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you very much I will have a look, I tried on a few rings at the weekend and I decided that I needed one that fitted the ring so either I get one made or find one that's the closest fit to it, I have seen Smooch at wedding fairs but i've read mixed reviews so i'm not sure whether to consider them, i've got plenty of time to find something so will look into it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics