Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner August 2024 South Yorkshire

Wedding ring rule

Lauren, 30 of September of 2023 at 10:58 Posted on Planning 0 4
So I was thinking about getting our wedding bands set after Xmas just after the new Yr. Is there any right or wrong time to buy your wedding rings? It does recommend to get them 3-4 months before but we have so much to pay out that time and buy.

4 replies

Latest activity by Sarah, 23 of December of 2023 at 21:09
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content

A 3-4 month recommendation would be the latest to buy, rather than the earliest. If you have the money available and the time free from other planning tasks then you can buy them whenever you like.

Try to take your time and really make sure you are getting a style and fit that you can live with. My husband had to buy another ring a few months after our wedding because his wasn't comfortable for 24/7 wear. He now has an everyday ring and his proper ring from our day is now "for best".
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I would wait until the next sale happens. When we went to check sizes for wedding rings, the sales clerk very helpfully hinted that we should wait for a sale to put our order in. (We hadn't even realised there would be a sale on wedding rings!) We took her advice and just before Christmas, they did a 'buy one get one half price' deal on wedding rings!

• H
    Beginner January 2024 East Riding of Yorkshire
    Hollie ·
    • Hide content

We bought ours yesterday (1st of Oct) and we leave for our wedding at the end of November. It depends on the jeweler, sales clerk, and what specifically you need. We just needed simple gold bands without anything extra. Mine is getting resized, which takes 2 weeks but another jeweler said it would take 6-8 weeks.

I would start to have a browse and list your options for places. Most jewelers are awesome and give you a card with all details, timelines and prices so then you could take them away and factor the timing into your planning based on them.

I was surprised how quick ours were.

• Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 Warwickshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    I probably would have them before that time frame. Just to prevent anything delays etc.

Maybe firstly go have a look so you know your options and have a good idea way before the time. It will help you gauge your budget too and how feasible it is to do within your time frame

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics