Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner August 2013

wedding ring..budget

Loulou10, 19 May, 2013 at 21:26 Posted on Planning 0 21

Hello all, just wondering if any brides to be whom are having small and on a budget weddings can recommend where to get wedding rings from. We looked at Warren James jewellers today but werent overwhelmed and also the other high street jewellers such as Goldsmiths, H Samuel, Beaverbrooks but the ones we like are completely off budget. Can anyone offer any recommendations? thank you

21 replies

Latest activity by LauzWinter, 21 May, 2013 at 10:48
  • minimorecambe
    Beginner August 2013
    minimorecambe ·
    • Hide content

My ring is from Argos

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

I highly recommend Alba Rose

http://www.albarose.com/

I don't know your budget, but they are very reasonable. We got my (platinum) and OH's (palladium) wedding rings in there for under £400.

What metal is your ER?

• Taylory
    Beginner July 2014
    Taylory ·
    • Hide content

I got mine super cheap from ernest jones Smiley smile they had a sale on of their display rings Smiley smile and my partners got his from tesco but as the delivery was messed up they refunded him and let him keep the ring . Both are 9ct white gold with diamonds and super cheap Smiley smile

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

Ours were both from H Samuel and we got the 2 for just over £300 I think. It really does depend what you are looking for and exactly what the budget is.

• L
    Beginner August 2013
    Loulou10 ·
    • Hide content

Brilliant ladies, thanks for your input. My ER is white gold with quite a big stone, diamond in a flower set stone if that makes sense. ill have to wear my WR separate as unless i get a WR that has a bit cut out of it it wont sit properly and i would prefer a normal band to wear on its own which is why i prefer sonething with stones in. That said i have seen a ring in argos for about £150. Ideally it would of been nice to wear both ER abd WR together but its not possible. Have also seen a ring for my oh in argos for £235 which he likes...argos it is then!

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

Hi.

We were in a similar situation to yourselves and eventually looked at Argos. Don't be put off by the name lol! Also, the rings are all MUCH nicer than they look online.

We both got ours from there.

OH wanted a plain white gold band which I could have a message engraved inside. In the jewellers we were looking at the 300 mark- way too much! in argos the same spec was £99!.they could have sent it off to be engraved for an extra tenner but at that point I hadn't decided what to have so I didn't take up the offer. (I have since had it done at the same cost by a local engraver)

Mine I fell in love with instantly! I had tried loads on in jewellers and, regardless of the price tags, nothing shouted at me. I was lucky, as mine was half price in the sale at £125. Given that it is white gold with 0.25ct diamonds, it's a bargain. I flippin love it!! Keep trying it on lol!!

It looks Soooooo much nicer in reality but here are the pics.......

If higher priced metals are a bit over budget, have you considered buying cobalt or titanium? They look lovely, are really durable and very well priced, even in the proper jewellers xx

• ambermaba
    Beginner December 2013
    ambermaba ·
    • Hide content

Wow! Just had a quick look at that albarose and they are incredibly affordable! Thanks for the tip!

• S
    Beginner October 2013
    Sarah_coxy ·
    • Hide content

If you have the time to save the points and shop there, you can exchange your tesco clubcard vouchers for goldsmiths vouchers at 3x the value which is what we'll be doing in the next few months!

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

We had ours made in the jewellery quarter in Birmingham so we could get more for our money

• F
    Beginner September 2014
    future.mrs.c ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I would defiantly not recommend H Samuel!! Im currently waiting for my fourth engagement ring to be delivered. Ive only been engaged since new years eve and it was well over £1000. Not happy with them at all!

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

mine is about to go back for repair because the diamond has come loose in it's setting but I've had it for 2 years and I am fairly rough with it, always catching it on the counter at work. I've always found their jewellery to be pretty much the standard I'd expect for what I pay and their customer is service is some of the best I've known.

• lady_chilli
    Beginner November 2013
    lady_chilli ·
    • Hide content

WOW thanks for the recommendation on Alba Rose, they look gorgeous, its nearly midnight and my and the OH are going to have a good nosy through, definitely think we'll be getting ours from here Smiley laugh

• Mrs Monkey
    Beginner July 2013
    Mrs Monkey ·
    • Hide content

I bought my engagement ring and my wedding ring from Argos. They look lovely, were just what I wanted and didn't cost a fortune (£99 each)

Plus I bought my wedding ring in December but my finger had shrunk so I was worried it was too loose. I took it back in April to ask if they could do anything and they altered it for free! She said any ring is covered by them, for alteration, for a year. Even if it's been worn Smiley smile I thought that was fantastic.

• missloll89
    Beginner May 2015
    missloll89 ·
    • Hide content

Ive not really looked at the prices of rings as my ER is bespoke so I was just assuming i would go back their for them to make the matching wedding ring ,however on their website their platinum rings with diamond shoulders ( what im looking for ) start at about £1000 so with the prices people have put on here i might consider looking else where

Its strange really as my ER was good value, as they sourced the diamond for us making it about half the cost of all the high street stores we looked at and cheaper than hatton gardens or any where online too

Loll xxx

• Muesli
    Beginner June 2013
    Muesli ·
    • Hide content

We got ours from Ernest Jones, both for around £500, they do have very cheap bands on the website Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner August 2013
    Loulou10 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all so much ladies for the advice and recommendations. We have had a look at the Alba Rose website (thank you!) and we love a couple of the rings so I think we will probably go with them to be honest. Happy Planning ladies!! ? xx

• Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting mine from Alba Rose and have used their custom design service. I sent my ring in, they've given it a good clean and scanned it and sent it back the same day they had it. They're sending me emails with the scan of my ring against a couple of designs that they've made with a detailed quote - just waiting for the email now!

• goldpants
    Beginner May 2014
    goldpants ·
    • Hide content

Hi kirstabubble,

ever since you got your rings I knew we'd get oursfrom alba rose too. I love so many rings on the site and they suit our budget perfectly.

Can I ask if you went to the store? It's only about 40 mins from us so figured we coud make a day of it... or is it not worth it and just sticking to online??

Did you call ahead and make an 'appointment' or just pop n... it looks quite small from the picture.

thanks x

• L
    Beginner January 2012
    LauzWinter ·
    • Hide content

We got our wedding rings from Wedding Rings Direct (http://www.weddingrings-direct.com/) who were really reasonable.

We used their sample service as they're an online company and I wanted to see the profile of the rings before we ordered - we went for platinum bands and were really happy with the price. They arrived really quickly too. Although we were trying to keep the costs of our wedding down the rings weren't as expensive as I had seen elsewhere so we spent a tiny bit extra and got the date of our wedding engraved on the inside of the rings for a special touch Smiley winking

Hope this helps!

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics