Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Zoë
Savvy August 2024 West Sussex

Wedding rings

Zoë, 27 of October of 2022 at 17:06 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 11
Hello Hitchers,

Are you and your spouses to be having matching wedding rings? Or anyone already married … do you and your spouses have matching wedding rings?
I thought I wanted us to have matching ones but can’t seem to find one that works for the both of us. So wondering if maybe having individual wedding rings is better.
Any advice/opinions welcome please.
TIA 😊

11 replies

Latest activity by Johan, 5 of December of 2022 at 06:04
  • Abi
    Dedicated May 2024 Conwy
    Abi ·
    • Hide content
    Ours will both be matching in the sense they will be a silver band, but they won’t be identical as his will be a mens one and mine will be a daintier ‘womens’ one
  • Sam
    Curious December 2023 Essex
    Sam ·
    • Hide content
    We plan to have totally different ones just due to individual preferences. He wants yellow gold simple band, im after a silver coloured more elaborate one!
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    We will have completely different rings. I wanted mine to be 18k white gold to match my engagement ring and it needed to be shaped to fit round the stones of my ring. My OH gets skin irritation with gold so he went for titanium and it's much more matte in texture. He isn't a jewelry fan so it was important he found something that he could live with wearing every day.
  • Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

Ours will both be gold, which matches my e-ring, but mine is a vintage wishbone shaped one and his will be a traditional simple mens wedding band. FH was really keen to be gold to match me, but it definitely wouldn't have worked with my e-ring or my tiny fingers vs his chunky ones to have exactly the same ring.

• Zoë
    Zoë ·
    • Hide content
    Thanks ladies, it’s been useful to see what people have chosen to do. I always wanted us to match. My parents have matching rings and I’ve always thought it was cute but when I’ve been looking at rings, I can’t seem to find one I like that has a matching “male” ring.

I asked my Fiancé what he wanted to do and like most men he said “whatever you think is best” haha! 😂
  • E
    Dedicated October 2022 East London
    Ebony ·
    • Hide content
    We both have gold wedding bands but mine is flat and his is D shaped. To be honest we just wanted what was cheapest from the pawnbrokers (within reason) as my engagement ring is quite eloibrate and he wanted something plain as he wasn't fussed.
  • Km86
    Dedicated December 2022 North Yorkshire
    Km86 ·
    • Hide content

My parents are matching, I think that's a more traditional thing (even then though the ladies is thinner)

I had matching ones the first time around.

This time I am having one that matches my engagement ring (platinum with diamonds) and then my wife to be is having a plain platinum band

• K
    Beginner January 2023 California
    Katiethomos1 ·
    • Hide content

We both have the same diamond rings, but little bit designs are different. it's also matching with our dress. it is well-designed and at the best price.

• K
    Savvy September 2023 East Sussex
    Kyla ·
    • Hide content
    Our rings will be totally different!
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Our rings are 'the same' in that they are both plain gold bands, but to be honest, his is so much bigger and thicker than mine that they almost look like different rings anyway. So if you can't find matching rings you like I wouldn't worry, because unless you have fairly similar sized hands, one ring is going to end up much chunkier than the other anyway. My ring actually fits inside my OHs with room to spare, so there was no way we were going to be able to get anything that looked totally similar!!!

• Zoë
    Zoë ·
    • Hide content
    Thanks everyone. We’ve had some more discussions and we’ve agreed that due to the thickness of his and mine, they won’t be the same but we will match in metal and I really love the idea of adding an engraving to the inside which will give them a special and personal match.

Thanks so much everyone xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics