Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner September 2015

Wedding Rings

MrsSDtobe, 31 of July of 2015 at 14:43 Posted on Planning 0 15

Hi Everyone, Just wondering how much wedding rings normally cost - we have had quotes for ours today, and the price knocked me back a little!

We are both going for mixed metal bands, I don't want to have to compromise - but I want to make sure that we are not being taken for a ride!

15 replies

Latest activity by elvira-darkside, 4 of August of 2015 at 18:53
  • CornishBride89
    Beginner October 2015
    CornishBride89 ·
    • Hide content

Me and my OH wanted to get some everyday rings that we won't worry about loosing or getting damaged in our jobs. His was titanium and only £40. Mine was just under £200.

I think it completely depends on what metal, size, shape and place you are getting your rings from for cost.

• Calella
    Beginner August 2016
    Calella ·
    • Hide content

Have you looked on the high street and shopped around? You're going to get a pretty wide price range!

Which metal? How thick? What carat, any design or details?

Mine is £600 for 18ct white gold and diamonds and OH is £110 for Titanium but it's in a nice design.

We're getting them made at a jewelers.

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

My oh has gone for mokugame with silver and palladium I believe and his is 900 quoted mine has sapphire and diamonds but one metal so the quote won't really help you. Ours are bespoke and we did set a large budget for them as it was a priority for us but you can get much much cheaper rings. It depends on the metal you have chosen. We were quoted for one with platinum and it was about 500 more!

• M
    Beginner September 2015
    MrsSDtobe ·
    • Hide content

Ok, so looks about right then - looking at white gold and palladium - his is £900 (6mm), mine is £400 (2.5mm). It was his ring that made me nearly fall off my chair!

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Ash953 ·
    • Hide content

Men's rings are ridic.

We ended up ordering from Blue Nile when they had 20% off and through Quidco - and it was still $2000AUD.

• Calella
    Beginner August 2016
    Calella ·
    • Hide content

When you look at it as cost per wear it it's far more justifiable!

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

It's the palladium that ups the price but my engagement ring is palladium and it hasn't got one single scratch and it still looks great when I wear it all the time, you can tell the difference when the jewellers clean it but I would say its worth the money. I could have cried when the one my oh wantedwas 1600!!!! I drew the line at that one as it looked the same! part of me thought 900 was ridiculous but it's the onky ring my oh will wear and when wedding dresses cost so much I can justify the ring as he will wear it more than once! Are the metals combined to make a plain band or is he having a pattern or anything?

• Sambarine
    Beginner May 2015
    Sambarine ·
    • Hide content

My H's ring was £750 for 14K Welsh gold. He wanted 18K but it was 900 so he decided against it. My band was half the price but when you factor in the ER he still spent much more on me than on himself!

• Kittylove
    Beginner August 2015
    Kittylove ·
    • Hide content

Our rings we ordered paladium, both made to our designs and both very heavy. Cost £1300 for the pair,but that was on offer.

bonus was, they accidentally made them out of platinum, so we got £3500 worth of wedding rings for a fraction of the price.

• Cupcake26
    Beginner August 2015
    Cupcake26 ·
    • Hide content

Yeah totally depends on so many different factors as the other girls have said.

i just wanted to add that you might wanna order soon coz some can take up to 6 weeks to come in - like mine!

xXx

• daffodilly
    Beginner August 2015
    daffodilly ·
    • Hide content

I highly recommend purely diamonds.

My h2b got my ER from them and it's beautiful.

As I'm a fuss pot I then designed my own which they made.... very quickly and bought h2bs WR from there too.

Their customer service is outstanding and so is quality.

A small family run business .

Xx xx go have a look. Xxx

• PrettyFlower90
    Beginner July 2016
    PrettyFlower90 ·
    • Hide content

We've just ordered ours. I'm getting a plain 2.5m 18ct white gold band which was £151. Fiancé wanted mixed metal ring with rose gold. He got a palladium and rose gold 6mm ring from goldsmiths. Is £700 but they had a 20% code that day which got it down to £560 and got £23 cashback.

• S
    Beginner April 2016
    samwillow ·
    • Hide content

Ya... i think its around 150-200..

• MrsV-wasMissB
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsV-wasMissB ·
    • Hide content

We aren't jewellery people nor massively materialistic. At first we thought about just getting Argos budget ones. But then we had a chat one night and decided that as most of the money spent on our wedding is experience not things, we would splash out particularly as its a forever item.

We paid £600 for the pair, would of been £780 at full price but we haggled at jewellery quarter in Birmingham Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsWebberToBe ·
    • Hide content

Ours were £200 each from H Samuel, mine is white gold and his is gold.

• E
    Beginner October 2015
    elvira-darkside ·
    • Hide content

I went 2nd hand for mine. it was £350 for a platinum 0.25carat 12 diamond band. i love it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics