Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner May 2016

Wedding Rings

Jade the Bride, 8 of September of 2015 at 10:03 Posted on Planning 0 30

How much is your wedding ring costing and what sort of style is it? In an ideal world I would like half set diamond wedding band, but I don't know if this is way beyond my budget?

People are mentioned about going to Hatton Garden, does this make rings more afforable?

30 replies

Latest activity by ExpensiveBrownDiamonds1257, 10 of September of 2015 at 18:17
  • CornishBride89
    Beginner October 2015
    CornishBride89 ·
    • Hide content

Mine is completely plain in white gold and was only £160. I just wanted something cheap that I wouldn't worry about loosing. I'm so clumsy and injure myself so often, the chances of it having to be cut off my hand are probably high. I'll get a better replacement in the future possibly! :-)

I think your idea would definitely cost a lot more than this!

• M
    Beginner September 2015
    MrsSDtobe ·
    • Hide content

Mine is a 9ct yellow gold band, bespoke made to fit around my engagement ring with engraving - costing £250

• KinkyBride
    Beginner March 2016
    KinkyBride ·
    • Hide content

Mine was about £170 I think. A heavyweight 18ct white gold band. H2B has paid a bit more to have it engraved inside. His is titanium with inset black cable detail and was about £40 I think.

• L
    Beginner June 2017
    Lou37 ·
    • Hide content

I don't have an engagement ring (through my own choice) but I want a big chunky wedding ring I saw one the other day in a shop window for £4000 my H2B said I could either have the ring or the wedding but not both haha

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

We chose ours last weekend and planning on ordering in next few weeks - apparently H Samuel (at least in Bournemouth) are having a wedding sale around the 17-20th September, where there could be >10% off all rings. We will already get a 10% discount because my ER was bought there and we may be able to haggle a little more - the manager loved our proposal so much, the entire shop knows about it and she seems muchos friendly Smiley smile

Anyway, we didn't want to spend a huge amount on them and OH isn't hugely convinced he'll carry on wearing his, so we're getting him a titanium something for ~£80 and mine is a thin white gold band with a few diamonds either side of a dip which sits nicely against my ER, ~£200.

For some reason, my OH really didn't want the wedding rings to cost more than my ER and even costs combined they "don't come close" so he was happy... and I was confused Smiley tongue

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Lou have the wedding not the ring. Then wait for your 4000 ring to go in the sale lol. I'm using my diamond half eternity ring. It fits nice with my engagement ring and I don't want to throw another one into the mix. I've stopped wearing it for now and will have them cleaned before Xmas.

• LittleMissPanda
    Beginner October 2015
    LittleMissPanda ·
    • Hide content

My wedding ring cost £360, it's 18 carat white gold with 9 diamonds. OH's is palladium and cost £595.
    We ordered ours with Smooch and opted to pay by monthly instalments as that worked out better for us Smiley smile

(sorry if the picture is massive!)

• Shelly70
    Beginner July 2016
    Shelly70 ·
    • Hide content

My ring is a heavy weight 9ct white gold plain wedding band which cost £150. OH's wedding ring is a Titanium ring which cost £45.

He's an electrician and obviously wearing metal is not a good idea so he's not sure he will wear it anyway. I didn't want anything too fancy as I muck out horses every day and don't want to worry about ruining anything too expensive.

I guess everyone's budget and tastes are different.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Mine is a diamond set white gold band and cost £475. Here's a pic:

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

What's your budget Lou? I have an expensive engagement ring and bought a .75 carat diamond half eternity ring some time later online. The band is as thick as my ring, same shape. Diamonds aren't as good quality colour but you can't tell. Just to give you an idea. I'm happy to give you a pic of mine on.

• L
    Beginner June 2017
    Lou37 ·
    • Hide content

Don't really have a budget tbh

im not materialistic if he spent £4000 on a ring I would kill him, hence not having a engagement ring, at the moment we have far more important things to be spending money on, but the chunky ones do seem quite expensive maybe I need to change my taste! I was also hoping for a thin silver band to wear in work as cant have stoned rings

oh dear maybe I am asking a lot hahaha

• L
    Beginner June 2017
    Lou37 ·
    • Hide content

Jayne a pic would be lovely

• K
    Beginner January 2016
    kerrie_jay ·
    • Hide content

Umm... we haven't bought ours yet but are looking to get ours from Goldsmiths as H2B got both my engagement ring and my TAG Heuer watch from them and they are giving us discount. RRP is 450 for mine and 1700 for H2Bs. Both are platinum, mine is 2mm and his is 5mm. They seem quite expensive compared to everyone elses! ?

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

• L
    Beginner June 2017
    Lou37 ·
    • Hide content

Ooh I do like that jayne

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

The eternity ring was online. .75 to give you an idea. My stones are square to match my engagement ring. I'm more than happy with the quality and I researched my diamonds lol. Definately worth a look. If it's not what you want send it back. Just make sure you buy from someone who tells you the colour and clarity. If you need help feel free to email me. ************@*****.**.**

• L
    Beginner June 2017
    Lou37 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much that's very kind

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content

Here is mine:

It's a Maple Leaf 18ct white gold with 0.2ct diamonds that goes perfectly with my Maple Leaf engagement ring. Bought from Beaverbrooks for £900. Apparently the white gold and palladium alloy they use doesn't go yellow over time, so won't need replating.

This is my wedding ring.

This is my engagement ring.

• R
    Beginner September 2015
    RomanticBlueFlowers251 ·
    • Hide content

I purchased mine from Hatton Garden, for just under 2k. We got a 20% discount as we got the engagement ring from the same place.

It's a platinum .56 carat vintage style ring with 16 diamonds around it. As I decided not to have any decorations, flowers, chair covers or bmaids, I thought, hell why not treat myself to a unique and beautiful ring which I can pass o to my children?

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Love your ring romanticblueflowers.

• M
    Beginner September 2015
    MrsSDtobe ·
    • Hide content

I got my engagement ring from Cavendish jewellers online. Amazing service, they have some beautiful half hoop diamond bands, both new and vintage (mine is vintage). Reasonable price too ?

New:

https://www.cavendishjewellers.co.uk/rings/0152/Half-Hoop-White-Rings

Vintage:

https://www.cavendishjewellers.co.uk/rings/5142/Half-Hoop-White-Rings

https://www.cavendishjewellers.co.uk/rings/5144/Half-Hoop-Platinum-Rings

• hollyhollytree
    Beginner September 2016
    hollyhollytree ·
    • Hide content

I've found a great way to cut the cost of our rings! I do all our shopping in Tesco and receive clubcard points. You can then convert your clubcard points into goldsmiths vouchers which triples the value. £10 clubcard= £30 vouchers.

My Mum did it for her wedding and got her £500 for free! x

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

Mine is similar to this. It's worth over £2k, but we got a 50% discount for ordering on the day and paying in cash.

• R
    Beginner September 2015
    RomanticBlueFlowers251 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Jayne E

Madam red: oooh I saw that design in Hatton Garden too (or something similar) I think it was the Kirk Kara collection!

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Wow I love that one too.

• AnnaMolly
    Beginner October 2015
    AnnaMolly ·
    • Hide content

My wedding ring is from Hatton Garden. I did a lot of research and I think you do get more for your money there compared to highstreet jewellers.

Mine is a half eternity set with princess cut diamonds to go with my ER. It cost £975 because its platinum. I could have got the same ring in white gold for half the price but I wanted it to match my ER.

This is the fake mock up which I tried on in the shop before they made it (the real one fits Smiley winking)

• Runnergirl
    Beginner November 2015
    Runnergirl ·
    • Hide content

Loving some of these unique rings girls! Ours were £1250 and £ 1100 or something, God knows how a platinum plain band ( his) can cost that. But we went to place where he bought my engagement ring from so just went back to same place.

Good thing is, there is something out ther for every budget I reckon

• L
    Beginner June 2017
    Lou37 ·
    • Hide content

Goldsmith vouchers with tesco club card sounds better than our usual pizza express! What a fab idea

• R
    Beginner December 2015
    RomanticEmeralds ·
    • Hide content

We eventually got ours from Goldsmiths after visiting every jeweller in the North East lol. Total cost is about £900. We picked them in store but ordered online when they had a 20% discount. I think the online discount might still be on. Mine is a 3mm 18 carat white gold lazer cut ring. H2b choose 6mm 9 carat band with Matt finish.

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Ash953 ·
    • Hide content

Hatton Garden is a district of jewelers. Some can be cheaper if you deal directly with the jewellery maker. They can work with your budget.

If you're curious about price there are a few online retailers like Blue Nile that are good value for money.

My husband's ring is platinum and we bought it during a 20%off promotion. Mine is a custom made eternity ring with 1.5cts of diamonds set in platinum. It was pretty fun designing it. We spent about $6k Aud on my ring.

Definitely do your research on diamonds, metals, etc.

• E
    Beginner
    ExpensiveBrownDiamonds1257 ·
    • Hide content

I definitely recommend looking online as you can get much better value for your money. High street shops are notoriously overpriced because they have so many overhead costs. And unfortunately many of them don't stock very high quality stones and/or don't give you much information about the stone you're buying. This probably isn't relevant because you are looking for a wedding band, but just an FYI for those still looking for an engagement ring.

We bought my engagement ring through James Allen and I couldn't be more pleased. They had amazing customer service and you can use their 360 degree tool to view both settings and stones from all angles. We will most likely be buying our wedding bands there too as we get a 10% discount. As a PP mentioned, Blue Nile is also a good option. Both companies have a wide variety of rings and stones to choose from, and all are certified so you know the quality they list is what you're buying. These are both American companies but I have heard that it can sometimes be cheaper to buy from the US and pay custom fees than to buy in the UK.

I was a little uncertain about buying online at first, but am very pleased with the quality.

ETA: I was originally thinking we would get my fiance a platinum band, since that is what my engagement ring is made of. But I found a handy chart somewhere online yesterday that compares all the metal options for men. It said although platinum is the most expensive metal, it's actual not very durable. So titanium, cobalt, or tungsten might be a better (and more wallet friendly!) choice. My fiance works with his hands so we're definitely considering these options.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics