Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

jmmcmanu
Beginner December 2012

Wedding Rings! Anyone have diamonds all the way around??

jmmcmanu, 26 of November of 2011 at 21:33 Posted on Planning 0 6

Call me crazy, but I have a very simple, yet elegant engagement ring and I have always wanted a wedding band with diamonds all the around - like an eternity band. I need a v shaped wedding band it's it's pretty much impossible to find one with both features. A friend is making our rings and can do it - but said she doesn't think it's worth it.

I know, I know, damage to the bottom....Silly to want? Anyone have it and find it fine? I am quite light on my hands...

Thanks! Happy planning all xx

6 replies

Latest activity by JennyH10, 3 of December of 2011 at 10:27
  • T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

I have one but it's not a V shape. There's a pic of it on OT in the "Eternity Ring" thread.

• W
    Beginner July 2012
    Wherts2b ·
    • Hide content

Can i ask why you want the diamonds all the way around? I initially did because I don't like the fact that you can see where the diamonds finish at the side of your finger on the half eternity rings but in the end settled on a 60% diamond ring so there's just the gap underneath when you turn your hand over that is visible but from the top it looks as though they go all the way around.

When I had mine made I was advised that you can't have full eternities adjusted if you finger size changes, or if you do it would be very awkward and you would damage ring/diamonds

THis is mine, aware it's not V but wanted to show!

• vebec19862
    Beginner June 2012
    vebec19862 ·
    • Hide content

I have a v shape with diamonds but not all the way round, (taken on my phone hence the pink reflection) my jeweller said he didnt think diamonds all the round would work as my er has a lot going on but im sure it would look lovely with a simpler er x

• jmmcmanu
    Beginner December 2012
    jmmcmanu ·
    • Hide content

Thank you both! *Gorgeous* rings.

I originally wanted diamonds all the way around for the same reason as you, Wherts2b. It annoys me when you see the WR half twisted or people have to adjust it all of the time. I also didn't want the WR diamonds to be mismatched with my ER. Due to the curvature of my fingers, I would rather give the appearance of diamonds all the way around.

I've attached a photo of my ER and the wedding band that I liked -- the shape of the WR is prefect - I'd just rather the diamonds go further around! I think the girl who is making our rings can blend the two styles so that the band is of the same style as the ER.

• A
    AnnIE31 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jmmcmanu!

My sister just had her rings made with a company called The Ring Lab who are based in shropshire. They offer a bespoke service and i'm sure they could make you a wedding ring with diamonds all the way around as they did a similar thing for my sister and also handmade to fit the shape of her engagement ring too and it looks fab. Give them a call on **** They have a facebook page as well http://www.facebook.com/theringlab

Good luck with everything.

Anne

• C
    Beginner April 2014
    coijewelry ·
    • Hide content

Think about having a tungsten or titanium ring. It is not too hard to have a custom made ring. post or send me a pic of the band and I can see If we can do anything for you.

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

Those are beautiful rings jmmc but I tend to agree with your friend about it being a bit of a waste. As the wedding ring is shaped it is not going to spin around on your finger so you'll never see the bit at the bottom. If you just want diamonds visible and no plain gold band visible maybe you could just have one or two more diamonds added to each side, that way it would look like they went all the way around but without the cost and possible damage.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics