Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

smithyg17
Beginner June 2022 Lothian & Borders

Wedding rings - Beaverbrooks or Ernest Jones

smithyg17, 15 of January of 2022 at 15:58 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 4
I am looking to purchase my wedding ring and have narrowed it down to 2 retailers. Beaverbrooks or Ernest Jones.

I have found what appears to be the same ring in terms or ct and size but there is a difference is price.
The ring I am looking at in Ernest Jones is a 9ct white gold, super heavy weight court ring 5mm.Priced at £475
The same ring in Beaverbrooks is £595.
When I questioned the difference, the agent in Beaverbrooks said that the quality of the gold is better than Ernest Jones and basically said that Ernest Jones quality is not as good as theirs.
Ernest Jones also have an offer at the moment saving 25% off which would mean I would get the ring for £356.
I also looked at Ernest Jones 18ct white gold ring (again same spec) and that is £699 (£525 after discount). So basically can get a 18ct ring cheaper than Beaverbrooks 9ct gold ring.
My questions are, where do I get the ring from? Are Beaverbrooks actually better quality of was he just saying that to get the sale?
Any help is appreciated as I really don’t know what to do!

4 replies

Latest activity by Forever, 7 of March of 2022 at 08:07
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    My rings are from Ernest Jones and I have found no issues and I think they are great value. I was married before and had engagement, wedding and eternity rings fron them as well which I never had any issues with either. If the gold count and carats are the same I don't think there is any difference so as long as you like them I would go with Ernest Jones
  • S
    Dedicated March 2022 Hampshire
    Samantha ·
    • Hide content
    Our rings are from Ernest Jones too and by the sounds of it one of the rings is exactly the same, we haven’t worn them yet we get married in 10 weeks but we had no problems with Ernest Jones at all they’ve been excellent
  • Louise
    Rockstar March 2022 Devon
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    A sales person would never say anything different. I doubt it is of less quality, they just want you to buy it from them instead. Personally I love a bargain! And it would not deter me at all that it was the cheaper option.
  • smithyg17
    Beginner June 2022 Lothian & Borders
    smithyg17 ·
    • Hide content
    Thanks for everyone’s input. It’s been a massive help.
    I have just purchased the ring from Ernest Jones and found out it the ring was £76 cheaper in store than online which is a added bonus.
    I really appreciate all your responses 😊

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics