Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner April 2012

wedding rings: has anyone bought online or used smooch?

clarabella1972, 3 January, 2012 at 15:36 Posted on Planning 0 8

There are some fantastic deals to be had on sites like bands of love, and I am wondering if someone else has used them (successfully). I really want a flat platinum wedding ring to match my eternity ring (which i got when my daughter was born), but the high street don't seem to cater for flat ones.

These ones are about £300 (http://www.bandsoflove.co.uk/jewellery.asp?style=platinum_medium_flat_court) but i wouldn't get to try it on first.

Thoughts anyone?

8 replies

Latest activity by Apples84, 3 January, 2012 at 16:56
  • warlycarly
    Beginner September 2012
    warlycarly ·
    • Hide content

Can you not send it back if it doesn't fit?

• C
    Beginner April 2012
    clarabella1972 ·
    • Hide content

You can, but I don't think you can if, say, you think "I should have gone for the 4mm rather than 3mm one". it would be nice to see it on, if you know what i mean

• A
    Beginner August 2013
    Alipops1986 ·
    • Hide content

Hello! Someone let me know about the website: www.weddingringsdirect.com I am currently in the process of waiting for a sample ring from them, which you pay a small amount and postage for but get to try them on for a week. Then, send it back and order or not. Also, I've found the prices are very competative so i'm really hoping mine fits [it's a shaped one!] so I can get another bobby bargain! ?
  • SassyT
    Beginner August 2013
    SassyT ·
    • Hide content

We have a Smooch appointment booked for Jan 30th and found out about them via the reviews and forum posts on this site and they were all really positive reviews which gave me the confidence to use them ourselves.

I have M.E and the thought of trundling around High St jewellery stores for hours on end is just a nightmare for me as there will be travel involved too as we live in a small rural town so Smooch was ideal for us, we can do it all from the comfort of our home and I can store some energy reserves!

Edit: Oops, forgot to add, I'll report back once we've had our appointment!

• Jason Clark DJ
    Jason Clark DJ ·
    • Hide content

We used Hitched for our rings and are very happy.

We visited our local agent, and it was very relaxed - a nice cuppa and then time to look at a wide range of rings.

We had ours engraved, and they turned up on time.

I felt they were better quality and value than what we could have got from the high-street.

So, we got more for our money, and didn't see them as "cheap".

The reputation here on Hitched was very good, and the local agent was friendly and knowledgeable.

• C
    Beginner April 2012
    clarabella1972 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Alipops - I just looked for the equivalent ring as is on the site i mentioned previously and it was double the price. You might want to look at the other site if you're after a bargain :-)

• J
    Beginner April 2012
    Jules'n'Mark ·
    • Hide content

We had a visit from smooch, but I didnt see the exact one that I wanted, but they seem to be very professional. There are a lot of sales on at the moment tho Clarabella....PS...Are we date twins? 8th April 2012? x

• A
    Beginner August 2013
    Alipops1986 ·
    • Hide content

Horses for courses!

I'm after an 18ct Rose Gold, shaped ring. Quoted £1500 for said type of ring in Ernest Jones, hopefully be able to get the ring I've described via the website for £400.

• Apples84
    Beginner August 2012
    Apples84 ·
    • Hide content

Hi we have ordered our wedding rings from smooch. The lady came to see us with loads to try and was really nice and not pushy at all. They should be with us in June so can't really say how they are until then but fingers crossed.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics