Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kathryn_Tom
Beginner March 2014

Wedding Rings... Patterned/Plain & buying online?

Kathryn_Tom, 7 of September of 2012 at 20:52 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi,

After discussing wedding rings with my Mum, she recommended that I get a patterned wedding band as then if it gets scratched you won't see it as much as you would on a plain band.

I see where she's coming from but I'm not sure it will compliment my engagement ring?

Also got an issue with the OH insisting that we're going to buy our wedding rings from some random website as it's cheaper! I'm considering secretely saving up the money and going to the jewellers where he brought my engagement ring from as we have already tried on wedding bands there that we like, it's just the price we don't! At least I know we'll get the real stuff there!

Any advice would be appreciated!

5 replies

Latest activity by MetalBride, 11 of June of 2017 at 18:57
  • Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

I have a patterned band (below) and it looks gorgeous with my engagement ring (also pictured, but I don't have one of them both together I don't think)

However, I never wanted a plain ring and also didn't want one made blingy with a row of diamonds since to me, that's an eternity ring not a wedding ring. So to me, having a patterned ring was a) adding interest and b) a nod to my Mum's ring which has orange blossom engraving. I wouldn't choose it purely on whether it will scratch or not.

• raindrop_eye
    Beginner October 2012
    raindrop_eye ·
    • Hide content

My engagement ring is an unusual shape - but I wanted an ordinary shaped wedding band so that it would look OK if worn without the engagement ring. So I'm planning to wear my engagement ring on my right hand and my wedding ring on my left. I really struggled to find patterned rings but eventually found mine at The Wedding Ring Shop in Hatton Garden - I love it. It's hand-engraved roses alternating with leaves.

They have a website, but the rings in the shop are much nicer. https://www.brownandnewirth.com/

• BadgerBeetle
    Beginner November 2012
    BadgerBeetle ·
    • Hide content

We spent a day in the jewelry quarter buying our rings together - ended up with something completely different to what I originally had in mind! Going to the stores themselves meant that I could try the rings on and make sure they went with my engagement ring, and we were even offered some pretty substantial discounts in a few stores as we were paying in full and buying two rings together. I'd say at least go and have a look at a few rings first, then once you know what style you definitely want you can order online if H2B really wants to. The downside to a pattered ring is that the higher the carrot, the more wear it will suffer over time.

• B
    Beginner October 2013
    bristol1984 ·
    • Hide content

Has anyone used one of the companies that come to your house? For example the perfect ring company. I went to a wedding faire and there were lots of these companies there. When looking at the websites there is no prices for the rings on there. I am guessing they are really expensive?

• R
    RomanticBrownCakes820 ·
    • Hide content

We've got an Asscher Cut Diamond Engagement Ring. We spent two days searching for the ring we wanted, and we ended up ordering it online. We love the design and the stone is not very big.

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

Mine is being handmade by our local jeweller, it's patterned and it's going to be bent to sit next to my engagement ring nicely. He's hand engraving it with feathers, with my ring and my OH's ring it's coming to just over £500 although his is made out of Sheffield Steel and some rose gold, mine's all rose gold. Most manufacturing jewellers will ask you for a budget and work within it, which could be a way round. Or you could go second hand as you get really good deals on second hand jewellery.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics