To unblock this content, please click here

agentblackcat
Beginner July 2011

Wedding rings - where and does your sit flush with engagement ring

agentblackcat, 18 of July of 2010 at 15:18 Posted on Planning 0 20

Hi all

Beginning to look into wedding rings

First of all any recommendations of where to buy

Secondly does the wedding ring and engagement ring have to sit flush. My engagement ring's stone sits out from band.

Anyone who would like to flash their rings feel free x

This is my engagement ring

20 replies

Latest activity by Sergzy, 19 of July of 2010 at 12:35
  • Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

If my wr didn't sit flush I would have had a bit cut out of it but when I choose my er I made sure a wr would be perfect with it. I think Spring and Lisaloulou had a bit cut out.

• laura@smooch
    laura@smooch ·
    • Hide content

Hi Black Cat,

Your rings don't *have* to sit flush, but you might find that your wedding ring gets worn and damaged over time if they don't. No matter how well your rings fit, they will move around on your finger, and you might find your diamond setting will scratch your wedding ring if you don't have it shaped to fit.

Hope that helps....?

Oh, and beautiful ER by the way ?

Laura x

• agentblackcat
    Beginner July 2011
    agentblackcat ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the advice guys really want it to sit flush. I like your rings PGSmiley smile

I have a look at your website Laura.

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ?. I am so excited about my eternity ring even though I have no idea when I'll ever get it! lol x

• laura@smooch
    laura@smooch ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? Thanks

Let me know if you'd like a rought quote, or maybe even an appointment with one of our advisors, I have a special code for hitchers so you can claim free engraving too x

• agentblackcat
    Beginner July 2011
    agentblackcat ·
    • Hide content

Hey Laura - do you have an email address I can contact you on? thanks

• laura@smooch
    laura@smooch ·
    • Hide content

Sure, **@***********.****, look forward to hearing from you x

• agentblackcat
    Beginner July 2011
    agentblackcat ·
    • Hide content

Thanks email sent Laura x

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

My engagement ring came from a shop in Taunton, Somerset and my wedding ring from a shop in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, but they fit perfectly. My e ring is completely diferent shape to yours, but I had my wedding ring made to fit around the shape of the e ring. They took my e ring away to make the mould. I should think with yours they will just cut a bit out.

This is mine.

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

This is mine:

They don't sit exactly flush, but I think that's to do with the setting on my engagement ring as the claw bits stick out from the ring if that makes sense??

Anyway, it's from an ebay shop, made to my spec and mine and OH's palladium rings were £400 for the two including engraving and delivery and we've already had them independantly valued for nearly twice that!

• agentblackcat
    Beginner July 2011
    agentblackcat ·
    • Hide content

Thanks girls for the advice - lovely rings too!!

• little-miss.scatterbrain
    Beginner January 2009
    little-miss.scatterbrain ·
    • Hide content

My engagement ring does sit flush but only because its highly set

not a very good picture but here you go

• Juicymelons
    Beginner May 2010
    Juicymelons ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

These are my rings, the sit together really well............

Sorry for the mahoooooosive pictures !!

I actually got my wedding ring from Smooch (as did my hubby !) And I would thoroughly recommend them, I found the perfect shape for my e-ring and then customised it with the positions and size of the diamonds. It's defiantely worth getting them out to have a look at the range, I tried on many more than I did than when I was trawling round the shops !

HTH

Suze

• laura@smooch
    laura@smooch ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awww thanks Suze ? Your rings look great! Are you a member of our Facebook page? I'd love to use your pics on our Facebook customer gallery... Pretty pleeeeeease?

• Juicymelons
    Beginner May 2010
    Juicymelons ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hiya Laura,

No I am not a member of your Facebook Page, tbh I am really weird when it comes to Facebook I literally have about 3 friends on there and other than plating Zooworld I don't go on it lol !!! I will happily email you the pictures to use though or if there is any way of saving them from this post then you are more than welcome to use them ? Whatever is easiest for you ?

Suze x

Suze

• laura@smooch
    laura@smooch ·
    • Hide content

If you wouldn't mind emailing them, that would be great, thank you! **@***********.****

• Juicymelons
    Beginner May 2010
    Juicymelons ·
    • Hide content

No problem I will do that now for you !

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

Sorry no pics (I am very superstitious about wearing it/taking pics of it prior to the day!) but my Ering is an odd shape (two curved arms with a stone in the middle)

I looked for a ring that fitted but couldn't find one just right, so had one shaped to fit it. I went to Jays Jewellers in Hatton Garden, and I would highly reccomend them. The fit is perfect, and for a 9ct white gold 4mm men's, and my 18ct yellow gold shaped it came to £500. The fit's perfect, even if the ring does look an odd shape when it's not with the ER!

• agentblackcat
    Beginner July 2011
    agentblackcat ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your input brideseekingblush - that is a very good price for two ringsSmiley smile Really hope you have a fab day only 7 days to goSmiley smile

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, we were pleased, especially as I was worried that they'd charge a lot to shape mine - I think they only added on about £85 for the shaping.

Thanks - my wedding's actually on Sunday but this counter's still saying a week and my fb one is saying 5 days!

• S
    Beginner November 2010
    Sergzy ·
    • Hide content

Hi! We went to the jewellery quarter in Birmingham for our rings. Loads of shops to browse around for ideas and good negotiations on price available too. I have a plain platinum band, but my OH had something specially made up, based on a design they had in the shop. They're stunning, and can't wait to wear them! We went to No 1 jewellers, and spoke to Petra!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics