Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner July 2022 Greater Manchester

Wedding shoes

Bee, 23 of March of 2022 at 13:02 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 5
I could do with some advice on shoes for my wedding in July please Smiley smile

My partner is 6ft4 and I’m 5ft3 so I feel like I’m going to look really short if I wear flats. But I hate wearing heels and having sore feet! I bought a pair of lovely fairly low heeled shoes but I feel like I’ll get sore feet after a while and also some of our photos will involve walking on uneven ground/beach that heels won’t be suitable for. I have a floor length princess style dress.
But the idea of just wearing pumps makes me feel a bit sad, like I won’t have the pretty wedding shoes.
Do I just grin and bear it, wear flats all day, switch between the two but risk my dress dragging or looking odd or... is there an alternative?
Thanks I’m advance Smiley smile

5 replies

Latest activity by George, 18 of April of 2022 at 10:47
  • J
    Beginner September 2023 Lincolnshire
    Jenna ·
    • Hide content
    Wear the heals for the ceremony and pictures then switch to flats for your wedding breakfast and reception. If the heals are low and your dress is long, a inch or so difference won’t look too dramatic when you change. You could even have one of your bridesmaids on shoe duty to carry them for you whilst you’re walking on uneven terrain. The main thing is that you’re comfortable and will be able to enjoy the day.

• L
    Dedicated September 2023 Derbyshire
    Lizzie ·
    • Hide content

You can get super sparkly flat shoes which are really pretty. Don't make yourself wear heels and risk really sore feet! You deserve to be comfortable, and there are lots of options for non-heel shoes out there (thankfully! I also hate heels, so I'm wearing para boots when I get married!)

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

If you don't like heels, don't wear them at all. Your OH is more than a foot taller than you and that is not going to change, so you might as well get used to looking a lot shorter in the photos.

I have a friend who has an even bigger height difference with her husband, so even with really high heels, there was a foot difference between them, and I've literally never thought about that height difference until you mentioned it.

But if you really want to wear heels for part of the day, go ahead. I've been to loads of weddings where the bride has changed into flats for the reception, and it's never been a problem.

• G
    Beginner May 2022 East London
    Gergana ·
    • Hide content

I had the same concerns and I got these. I have them in black as well and know that they are really comfortable: https://stevemadden.co.uk/products/irenee-sandal-white-croco-6

• George
    Dedicated July 2023 Kent
    George ·
    • Hide content
    I had thus sane problem as well as my partner Is also a tall man at 6ft4 whilst I'm a short man at 5ft3 and we both decided to wear whatever shoes will make us happiest and that we will be able to wear for the whole wedding which is why I'm wearing ballet flats and he is wearing high heels

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics