Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner October 2013

Wedding Shoes Help!

AlmostMrsSmith, 13 of June of 2013 at 09:37 Posted on Planning 0 31

Hi all,

I'm looking for some slightly untraditional bridal shoes, along the lines of one of these:

duck egg or light blue with a flower or bow

ivory or white spotty/polka dot

duck egg or light blue polka dot

My budget is £50 (!)

Any ideas...?

31 replies

Latest activity by suzysimpson, 15 of June of 2013 at 19:34
  • Meshelled79
    Beginner August 2013
    Meshelled79 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I have the same problem. I'm looking for some pink shoes, but bright pink, unusual design, maybe satin or lace but with a heel not too high, maybe some sparkle but not cheap looking. I have found some but they are £600!! and I can't justify it. Nowhere has a nice coloured shoes at the moment? I have been looking on Ebay at the shops on there and there are some unusual styles/colours but they are imported so import tax would be added. I spent 4 hours looking last night online. I will keep an eye and out let you know what I find.

Good luck!

• A
    Beginner October 2013
    AlmostMrsSmith ·
    • Hide content

What about these?

http://www.nonnon.co.uk/designers/v/vivienne-westwood/vivienne-westwood-melissa-shoes-lady-dragon-pink-pink-heart.html

Or have you thought about getting plain ivory shoes and a hot pink flower or bow shoe clip?? They do loads of shoe clips on Folksy.

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Damn, these are over budget then /collections/shoes?style=234

• A
    Beginner October 2013
    AlmostMrsSmith ·
    • Hide content

Just a little! I'm really not a fan of lace either...sorry!

• M
    Beginner December 2013
    MrsSpongeBobTB ·
    • Hide content

Have you looked at irregular choice? http://www2.schuh.co.uk/prdsearch.aspx?searchterm=irregular choice&sterm=irregular choice

My shoes are Miss Low Paisley There are lots on ebay and amazon as well. Schuh do a 10% Student discount. If you need it pm me

• M
    Beginner December 2013
  • A
    Beginner October 2013
    AlmostMrsSmith ·
    • Hide content

MrsSpongeBobTB - I really like the irregular choice Mrs Lower but they're a bit too expensive and I'm not sure the colours right.

I'm tempted by some Vivienne Westwood/Melissa Dragon heels that I've seen on eBay but I'm worried they look too 'plasticy'

• M
    Beginner December 2013
    MrsSpongeBobTB ·
    • Hide content

Yeah they are quite expensive. I bought them for £59.00 from schuh as I had my discount. The Vivienne Westwood are lovely too. I looked at them as well

• M
    Beginner December 2013
  • A
    Beginner October 2013
    AlmostMrsSmith ·
    • Hide content

Blimey a little bit!

• M
    Beginner December 2013
  • Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

Have you looked on Debenhams website? They had lots of blue shoes on there the other day

• Y
    Beginner April 2014
    YellowDuckie ·
    • Hide content

I'd say check out eBay or amazon actually. Mine are like these but I already had them for my sils wedding a couple of years ago. So something blue and used!

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=360648876460

• Meshelled79
    Beginner August 2013
    Meshelled79 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These are gorgeous but not pink enough. If they were brighter they would be perfect and then I could add a little sparkle to them. Hmmmph Smiley sad

• Meshelled79
    Beginner August 2013
    Meshelled79 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The bright pink ones are gorgeous. That could work as a second choice. Certainly different! Thanks Smiley smile

• suzysimpson
    Beginner August 2013
    suzysimpson ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Could you DIY? E.g. get a plain paid of ivory shoes and get some applique dots from Hobbycraft or something?

I couldn't find my perfect shoes so bought plain flats and am going to cover them with lace and a ribbon bow, all bought from local haberdashers. Worth thinking about if you have a very particular idea in mind!

• Meshelled79
    Beginner August 2013
    Meshelled79 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These are gorgeous, if only they did them in pink Smiley sad

• estilomodabridal
    estilomodabridal ·
    • Hide content

Try these sites, i see they have lovely shoes. I hope it helps

https://www.facebook.com/FiggieShoes

http://www.etsy.com/search_results.php?q=wedding+shoes&page=1

xx

• A
    Beginner October 2013
    AlmostMrsSmith ·
    • Hide content

Suzysimpson - I'm not remotely crafty but I can look into it, I'm thinking maybe plain ivory shoes and getting big chiffon flower shoe clips. Just got to find the shoe clips!! All the ones I like are in the US!

Or just go for lady dragon heels in dove...

• suzysimpson
    Beginner August 2013
    suzysimpson ·
    • Hide content

I'm not remotely crafty either! I saw a few blogs about DIY shoes and that inspired me... I bought a super cheap pair of shoes from primark to practice on too so I won't be too worried about messing up!

Elegant Steps had some nice shoe clips, not sure if they'd come under your budget with the shoes though. I would check out your local haberdasher as they should have loads of silk flowers that would be probably much cheaper than the Freya Rose clips (that I love sooooo much but can't afford lol)

That said I do love the Lady Dragon ones!!! Just wish they did flats!!

• A
    Beginner October 2013
    AlmostMrsSmith ·
    • Hide content

The eBay pair I'm stalking have matching flats! What size are you??

I'll have a look at some DIY options...

• suzysimpson
    Beginner August 2013
    suzysimpson ·
    • Hide content

Really?! I have giant feet (size 8) as I'm really tall... Hence the flats lol

• A
    Beginner October 2013
    AlmostMrsSmith ·
    • Hide content

She only has a size 6, but they do exist somewhere!

• suzysimpson
    Beginner August 2013
    suzysimpson ·
    • Hide content

I've set up an eBay alert if any come up!! Thanks for the tip off I thought they only had heeled ones Smiley smile

Hope you manage to get your perfect shoes!!

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Try a quote from shoomazing! She makes shoes to order and might be able to come in for that budge. Google them as it won't let me post a link :-)

• A
    Beginner October 2013
    AlmostMrsSmith ·
    • Hide content

Oo thanks Little Pixie! Have you used her yourself?

• A
    Beginner October 2013
    AlmostMrsSmith ·
    • Hide content

Meshelled79 what about these??

http://m.allsole.com/footwear/vivienne-westwood-for-melissa-women-s-lady-dragon-heeled-sandals-nude-bow/10653525.html

• A
    Beginner October 2013
    AlmostMrsSmith ·
    • Hide content

Oh and suzysimpson those flats might be fake on eBay, been a bit put off since I read an article on Vivienne Westwood fakes on eBay!

• Meshelled79
    Beginner August 2013
    Meshelled79 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, I'm not really sure about the jelly type feel. I got some KG shoes today as a 'just in case' they are pink, but with a gold metal heel and a pink bow with gold on it, not perfect but I'm getting desperate now and only £19 in the sale. I tried Figgie Couture and they can't do anything for my date, so bespoke shoes are out. Haven't had my dress fitting yet but I'm expecting a phone call any day. Today's wedding shopping was pants! Smiley sad

• Meshelled79
    Beginner August 2013
    Meshelled79 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh, and I did see some polka dot heels today, in one of the many shops I visited. I think it was either John Lewis in their shoe department or Mode A Pelle, but I was in Debenhams, KG and Office too so could also be one of those. The heel wasn't too bad with a slight platform and peep toe. In the sale too.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I saw some hot pink stiletto shows in Dorothy Perkins last week. Can't find them on the site but could be worth popping in next time you are in town.

• suzysimpson
    Beginner August 2013
    suzysimpson ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooh fakes really annoy me!! It's one thing to sell cheap knock offs but another to pass them off as genuine. Grrrr!! Thanks for letting me know!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics