Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michelle
Beginner September 2022 Devon

Wedding Shop/ Boutique

Michelle, 21 of December of 2021 at 17:20 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 10
Hi lovelies,

I’m newly engaged and will be starting wedding dress searching after the New Year. I’m extremely heavy chested and a size UK20. For those who have tried their wedding dresses, how is the sizing like? Should I just stick to plus size boutiques or can I try on a dress in a straight size shop and then buy my actual size?? Any help or advise would be appreciated.
Any boutiques in Devon, West Midlands & Somerset that you can throw my way, would also be appreciated.
Thank you

10 replies

Latest activity by MrsRtoH, 1 of January of 2022 at 19:17
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    I am a UK 16 but found in the boutiques I had to go up a size or 2 and alot don't carry samples in higher sizes so is really hard to envisage how it will fit when they are too small. I would suggest plus size places are more likely to carry samples but the cut will be more flattering to your size. Start go ogling ones in your area and then call to see if they carry samples in your size if ones you may want to try on. Good luck, is a fun time searching for the one!
  • Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Charlotte,

Thank you soo much for replying. I will take up your advise, it’s helpful as I didn’t know where to start. I cannot wait to start dress shopping. Wishing you happy holidays.
  • B
    Savvy April 2023 West Yorkshire
    Becky ·
    • Hide content
    Also if you see a shop you might like it's always worth giving them a ring to see what sizes they have. Means you don't waste a journey plus you can get a feel for how helpful and friendly they are ☺️

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You are welcome, it is a scary prospect but exciting at the same time. Just take your time and don't make a snap decision. Happy Holidays to you too
  • J
    Curious January 2022 Gloucestershire
    Jesshumphriesx ·
    • Hide content
    Hiya! I’m a 20/22 uk. It maybe a bit far but I bought my dress from https://www.aboutabrideplussize.co.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3Ib9sJ_39AIVHurtCh0whABsEAAYASAAEgJFjPD_BwE

She was absolutely amazing at helping pick the right style & size ect. Genuinely couldn’t recommend the shop enough! Great prices too x
  • Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Fab idea Becky, thank you for this. I will definitely be doing this 😊
  • Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you thank you Jess, I will look into that shop and Milton Keynes ain’t that far from me plus I would drive hundreds of miles to find my perfect dress. I appreciate your recommendation 😊
  • W
    Beginner September 2017
    wamyood ·
    • Hide content

Hello, trying before ordering is a good ideas.

But if you don't find your favorite style, or the dress is too expensive to afford, you can try shop it online.

The best way is find a trustworthy website, free custom made is a bouns.

promboutiqueonline.com is a website you can check to get inspirations, the disadvantage is the wedding dresses style is not too much like other website.

• W
    Beginner December 2021 Greater Manchester
    WED4LESS ·
    • Hide content

Hi, many congratulations Michelle on your forthcoming wedding! We hear this question a lot, which is why we have all sizes in our stores for our brides to actually try on. You can try your own size on and we have some amazing designs to flatter heavier chested brides, really beautiful. You won't be disappointed with our choice, and that is what it is all about, having a choice and being able to see what you will actually look like in your dress on your big day. We are in the West Midlands too, you can see our listing on Hitched or at www.wed4less.co.uk.

Hope this helps Michelle!

• MrsRtoH
    Savvy October 2022 Merseyside
    MrsRtoH ·
    • Hide content
    Hello Lovely! I'm plus size and had a mixed experience with dress shopping. Normal dress shops say they cater for plus size but I found these shops to be extremely limited.
    Shops that are aimed at plus size brides are much much better and they are better equipped too.

Another thing I did was research brands that catered to plus size and then checked out where stocked them.I also researched plus size dresses online. If I saw a dress I liked online, I looked at which bridal boutiques stocked that brand and rang the shop and asked them to get the dress that I had seen online from the supplier if they didn't have it for me to try on already ahead of my appt. Noone seemed to have a problem with this and it didn't cost me anything either. This is actually how I got my dress in the end because nothing was quite hitting the button.
    Hope this helps! Also, something I didn't know was that no 2 shops within a 5 mile radius can stock the same brands. So if there are two shops in the same street, they're going to have completely different designers. Xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics