Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

X
Beginner September 2015

Wedding singer and dj package

xkaitlynx, 14 of January of 2015 at 19:45 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi All

so we have decided that we want both live music and a dj, but we can't afford both so we are looking for a good modern singer who also offers a dj package. Doesn't have to be creamfields...can be laptop/iPod with lighting!

our wedding is in surrey, but happy to cover travel costs for anyone that is willing to travel to us.

our taste is modern/chart/indie and that's what we are looking for in the live set as well as the dj tunes.

can anyone recommend anyone who does this sort of thing? Finding the search a little hard!

xx

7 replies

Latest activity by ianforest, 15 of January of 2015 at 21:39
  • B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

I may be wrong but I don't think I have ever heard of a singer that does DJing as well, someone is bound to prove me wrong??

• bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

We've just booked a singer who will provide music to play when he isnt singing. he is going to do 2x60 mins for us for £300

http://www.warble-entertainment.com/wedding-music-and-bands/

Try this website, its were we found him. he was a good price. they do all over and the company are really helpful

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Steven Heath Entertainment does exactly what you want! I've seen him perform several times, he's very good.

The only problem is he's in Bradford. Get in touch and see what he thinks to travelling.

• Dave Sanders
    Dave Sanders ·
    • Hide content

Hi Kaitlyn,

I play in a band in which one of the members is a DJ so this comes as part of the package with the band. We play modern/indie covers ranging from the Arctic Monkeys to Avicci and everything in between.

Please check out our website and get in touch if you'd like to know more! Or if you have any questions get in touch with me.

http://www.boxpartyband.com/

I hope this is helpful.

Cheers,

Dave Sanders

• ianforest
    ianforest ·
    • Hide content

When it comes to bands providing DJ's for free I often worry about that...certainly i'd want to know what sort of experience the "DJ" has in weddings, and why is the DJ free? Is that reflective of the DJ's value?

Tell you what, i'm a cracking DJ based in Sussex, i'll bring a guitar with me...i can't play it for toffee but i'll happily play it and sing for free!

The best party will include an experienced wedding DJ and an experienced FUNCTION band. I say function band because i've DJ'd at many many parties now where i've seen loads of bands turn up and whilst their skills at playing instruments and singing cannot be faulted in any way they lack the skills necessary to keep the party flowing and by this I mean huge gaps between tracks leaving people stood on the dance floor wondering what was coming next whilst the band decide themselves what was coming next.

I'm not slagging bands off..choose wisely. Ability to play and sing well is just the tip of the iceberg, proper function bands usually command much more £££ than a band you may see in a pub somewhere and there's a reason for that.

• X
    Beginner September 2015
    xkaitlynx ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Dave, I've sent an enquiry through x

• thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk
    thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Ian,

Fab post! Smiley smile

Most of the time a 'free DJ' is a band member playing their IPhone! Our DJ is part of our sound crew who DJ's at weddings separately as well.

You've hit the nail on the head with your comments on experienced wedding bands!

James

• ianforest
    ianforest ·
    • Hide content

Hi James,

Thanks! It's good to know I speak sense from time to time!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics