Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner February 2015

wedding singer in church?

LuxuriousPurpleConfetti51, 3 of October of 2013 at 21:21 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi everyone

I'm getting married in February 2015 in a Catholic church. My church is only small and doesn't have its own choir or musician and the priest said I can have whatever I want in terms of music (as long as its hymns).

I'm looking for an acoustic singer to sing the hymns in church but I dont want them to sound old fashioned, or opera style. I really like the laid back acoustic style, but not really sure where to start looking for a singer like this!

I heard an amazing couple of guys singing at a wedding fayre the other week, they agreed they would sing in church but wouldn't do hymns. In their words..''we do what we do'' and I'm not really sure where to go from here...

any advice ladies? I'm in the West Midlands area.

Thank you Smiley smile

2 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousPurpleConfetti51, 7 of October of 2013 at 14:05
  • Vanadesse
    Beginner August 2014
    Vanadesse ·
    • Hide content

I can recommend a family friend of mine, Amy. She's a fantastic singer and has led worship in church many many times, she has now started to do weddings specifically. We're planning on having her at ours if she can make it as we've now moved to Manchester. She has a Facebook page - https://m.facebook.com/AmyWilliamsWeddingSinger

Tell her Caroline sent you.

• Vanadesse
    Beginner August 2014
    Vanadesse ·
    • Hide content

It's not a very well used Facebook page but she is very good and does do weddings. Tell her Caroline sent you if you decide to contact her,I recommend you do.

• L
    Beginner February 2015
    LuxuriousPurpleConfetti51 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you Smiley smile ill check her out

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics