Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emmielou2
Beginner June 2012

Wedding Singer/Band West Midlands

Emmielou2, 16 August, 2011 at 09:12 Posted on Planning 0 15

Hi Girls!

I am new to Hitched, signed up last year and have only now logged on with 10 months to go!

I wondered if anyone has booked or has previously seen any singers/bands that are good in the West Midlands that are available to hire for weddings. We are on a tight budget though and can't afford to spend any more than £500 on this!

Thanks in advance!

15 replies

Latest activity by Little Madam, 2 September, 2011 at 08:58
  • Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content

My sister had James Barlow, wedding singer https://theweddingsinger.uk.com/

He was great, mix of live singing sets and DJing. He even accommodated my BIL's bazaar song requests!

• Emmielou2
    Beginner June 2012
    Emmielou2 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for that, i just had a quick look at his site and unfortunately he is out of our price range as he states on there his packages start from 595.

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

Hi Emmie Lou! Welcome to hitched! Smiley winking

• Emmielou2
    Beginner June 2012
    Emmielou2 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks love, i still can't get this ticker thing working! x

• Mrs P 2 B
    Beginner January 2012
    Mrs P 2 B ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey welcome to hitched!! You should just ask him if he would consider £500. Nothing ventured etc.. plus its easy to be cheeky over email!! I'm after a band in Warwickshire not started looking but let me know how you get on

• Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content

He posts on here from time to time too, might be worth asking, he can only say no!

• Emmielou2
    Beginner June 2012
    Emmielou2 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your help peeps, have just emailed him explaining about our budget, but we will see as his evening packages actually start from 600, its daytime packages he charges 500 for, so i don't hold my breath! But like you said, nothing ventured, nothing gained lol ?

• Emmielou2
    Beginner June 2012
    Emmielou2 ·
    • Hide content

Oh and Mrs P 2 B, i have booked an acoustic singer for the daytime reception, and he is fabulous, seen him perform many times. He has a great talent and sings a wide variety of music, if you are after this kind of singer let me know and i will forward you his details. He is based in Kidderminster x

• R
    Beginner August 2011
    robertson2b ·
    • Hide content

Hi Emmie

We went to a wedding last year that had Scott Bench Taylor singing. He was amazing and I really regret booking him for our wedding but we had already booked our DJ. I think hes from Manchester but travels all over the country for little or no fee. I've just recommended him to my friend who has booked him and I think she managed to get him down to about £530.

Hope that helps

• Emmielou2
    Beginner June 2012
    Emmielou2 ·
    • Hide content

James Barlow is booked for our day, and i think the other one will be too expensive too if the lowest she could knock him down to was 530 ☹️ Will keep looking!

• The Wedding Singer
    The Wedding Singer ·
    • Hide content

Hi all

Sorry I was booked EmmieLou2. I think you might struggle more with bartering as your date is a summer Saturday, obviously these dates are really popular so singers / bands etc will be reluctant knock money off as they will be able to get booked up elsewhere.

You may find someone that sings part-time as more of a hobby that you will get for under £500. I'd make sure to listen to some demos though, to make sure they're good enough for you. There are a lot of poor singers out there unfortunately.

Good luck in your search, I hope you get fixed up!

• Emmielou2
    Beginner June 2012
    Emmielou2 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, i haven't really had much chance in the last couple of weeks to do much looking, but i will be in the next couple of weeks. I really hope i can find someone as i have my heart set on a live act!

• The Wedding Singer
    The Wedding Singer ·
    • Hide content

Emmielou2

I have emailed you a big list of all the singers I know of for you to try for 23rd June. Hope you get fixed up!

J

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Heya,

We had a woman called Marie Neal, an ex X-factor contestant - ours was the first wedding she has done, and she is less of a wedding singer, more of an excellent live performer. She did a range of music from everything from Adele, Lady Gaga, Blondie and some other rock classics too. She cost us much less than £500 too and yet our guests are still commenting on her now.

• Emmielou2
    Beginner June 2012
    Emmielou2 ·
    • Hide content

Ooohhhh, i love the sound of her! How can i contact her?

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I got in touch via her Dad who seems to act as her agent almost.

Drop me an email to ************@*******.**.** and i'll email back with details once I've got my weddding book back out later today.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics