Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner September 2024 Herefordshire

Wedding songs

Courtney, 29 of July of 2023 at 22:27 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 1 5
My partner and myself are due to get married next September. I am really stuck on what wedding songs to choose. I want something unique and a little bit different for walking down the aisle, our first dance and father daughter dance. We have never had a 'our song' as we have different taste in music. There's a few I like but I'm not sure if they are ideal. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

5 replies

Latest activity by Ganggu, 3 of August of 2023 at 07:44
  • Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 Warwickshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    When you say unique and different.. how far out there are you willing to go? 🤣
    Me and my OH meeting story etc literally revolves around How I Met Your Mother so our exit song is their theme tune on piano 🤣

• A
    Oregon
    Articicezephyr ·
    • Hide content

I suggest, For walking down the aisle, how 'bout something unique and breathtaking like "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis Presley or "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri?

• Bunker
    Beginner June 2019 Karnataka
    Bunker ·
    • Hide content

Wedding songs include the first dance, processional, recessional, father-daughter, mother-son dance, and more. Choose music that holds sentimental value and reflects your love story.

• Vicky
    Savvy July 2025 Essex
    Vicky ·
    • Hide content

Hi Courtney,

Congrats on the upcoming big day x

I am in the same position as you we have hugely different tastes in music and never had an "our song". His song choices were horrendous lol. So the first thing we did was write a list of 5 wedding dance songs each and see if any of them matched up and surprise surprise none did. Then we swapped lists and marked if any we felt were okay, again NOPE. So I suggested we wait (wedding is in 2025) see if we get a sing in that time. In the meantime I have been subliminally pushing a new song I would really love. I've been doing this by humming it, playing it when I'm cooking dinner or cleaning, when we are in the car it will come on so I think I have got him thinking about me with this song (Until we watched a horror movie at the weekend and its played in that ) but was a nice part of the movie so I think its still on. Then yesterday he said about this song maybe being our wedding dance song. I love the way he has taken the credit for this but deep down inside I was high fiving myself. So end of the story is so far looks like I got the song I wanted!

With regards to the aisle he has no idea what's coming I have chosen a song that will make him chuckle. He is really into star wars (Yes he's one of those guys) and I have chosen everything for the wedding because if he had a chance it would be a fancy dress star wars wedding (Not on my watch) So I will be walking down the Aisle to the Imperial march played by a string quartet in my Black wedding dress. My mum will hate this but its something for him. I'm trying to be meaningful a little Smiley smile

Good luck with it all least u have plenty of time to get choosing Smiley smile x

• Katie
    Savvy September 2024 Middlesex
    Katie ·
    • Hide content

I played a song I would like for our first dance and luckily my other half likes it too. It's by a Scottish band called Skerryvore and appears to be a popular choice among their fans.

For our exit music, I have chosen "This will be" by Natalie Cole; The Holiday is one of my favourite films and it plays for the end credits. He wasn't sure at first, but has come round. I have no idea about other sings; my dad is the worst dancer!

He would have heavy metal if left to him...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics