Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Expert June 2024

wedding taking over my life

rachel2012, 11 June, 2012 at 09:21 Posted on Planning 0 11

Ok so is anyone else feeling like there wedding is taking over there lives and if so what have they done about it. I seriously feel like everything I do is about the wedding, it is literally on my mind all the time and every where I look in my house there is some kinda wedding realted object! I think it has been made worse by the fact that for the last few weeks pretty much every person that I have spoken to the conversation has started with So how are the wedding plans going......., which is ironic as 6 months ago I was driving my MOH mad by talking about nothing but hte wedding! I cant wait to get married and be my OH wife but at the moment I just feel like i am drowing in it all and ever where I look there is something else I have forgotten or overlooked. Advice on how to people have coped would be great. Thank you in advance.

11 replies

Latest activity by rachel2012, 11 June, 2012 at 19:34
  • Sloth
    Sloth ·
    • Hide content

I have put all my wedding stuff in one place, and tidy it away when I am done so its not just there all the time. Also I have had advice to take weekend/weeks off where we are not allowed to talk about it - yes it will still be in my head but not allowed to speak off it stops it being there as much Smiley smile

I am coming up with a standard answer to how the wedding plans doing like - yeah all the big things are booked now, most people currently don't ask to many more after that. Or say Good but I am having a week off from wedding chat.

• R
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you, I think I will do that and may well use your standard reply. x

• MrsA2012
    Beginner July 2012
    MrsA2012 ·
    • Hide content

With less than a month to go I have developed to standard replies - "Getting there..." or "Yes, it's all in hand"

These people seriously don't want to know everything on my diy list that is left to do (eeek!) so this seems to satisfy them!

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

I also find that our wedding occupies most of my time.

OH insists on a wedding free day every week and says he knows I'll get kind of bored with it for a while once most things are in place.....heres hoping !

• R
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

Wow only a month, I still have 4 n half and am freaking out about what is left to do. I think that the final straw came when my dad has started asking questions about it, there really is no escape!!

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

All my wedding things are on one table in our upstairs living room. That way if I want to look at them/ do something with them I can go there and if not I can avoid it!!

And because we were arranging it quickly, people ask all the time!! Standard answers don't seem to work with OHs lot!!

We have days we don't talk about the wedding but my OH likes to talk about it and likes to talk about when we are married so it's quite fun to talk about stuff after the wedding like our honeymoon so after the wedding we don't have nothing to talk about!!

S x

• R
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My OH loves to talk about the honeymoon, mainly cos he is planning the whole thing! I think I may gather everything up and put it in the spare room and then like you said that way I can avoid it if needs be.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I think I am going to be a little lost when its all over as like you say it is taking over my life now.

• F
    Beginner June 2012
    Future Mrs Chuckles ·
    • Hide content

I know how you feel - ours definitely took over our lives for a while!! And what effed me off more, was those who were saying "Oh, it shouldn't take over your life... " bla bla bla. No *** - you try planning EVERYTHING yourself and then come back to me!

I also brush off the "How's everything going - is there much left to do"? questions because i'm SICK TO DEATH of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! H2B will give people a big explanation and i'm screaming (telepathically) at him to stop, lol. I swear, the next person who asks will get a slap haha.

I always say, the best answer for a stupid person is silence.

Therefore, there's no need to give anything away to anyone!

I hope you feel better soon!

x

• S
    StillMissB ·
    • Hide content

That way if I want to look at them/ do something with them I can go there and if not I can avoid it!!

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

Nobody asks me anymore! I think they all assume with it being so close it is all under control. All our wedding stuff is at my mum's in her spare room, or else tucked away in drawers in our spare room so I don't have to see it and feel stressed out. I think the key is making sure everything goes away and you give yourself time to do 'normal' things as well.

• R
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh how i long for this day!! I shall be spending tomorrow gathering it all up and putting it all away to see if that helps, I have got invites sat on my kitchen table which I pass if i go anywhere in my house and they are screaming at me to finish them off! They shall be the first things to go away!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics