Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner September 2015

Wedding Time Scale, HELP!!

LoweToBe, 23 of September of 2014 at 11:59 Posted on Planning 0 2

So me and my partner are getting married at 3pm in a C of E church about 15 mins away from where we are having our reception. I am also getting ready at home which is also about 15 mins away from the church.

Really need help all round with what time I should start getting me and the 3 bridesmaids ready. Also what time we should expect to arrive at the wedding breakfast and have the evening guests arrive.

If anyone could help I would be very grateful! I just have this massive fear that I will forget something, or not turn up on time or evening guests arrive to before the wedding breakfast has ended!!

Safe to say I am freaking out!!

Please Help

xxx

2 replies

Latest activity by Gemma Lawrence, 23 of September of 2014 at 19:22
  • alexandrawedding@hotmail.co.uk
    Rockstar November 2014
    alexandrawedding@hotmail.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

I'd think earlish, maybe get everybody together for breakfast at 9am and then start by 10am as I imagine time will fly by. We're getting married at 12.30 and need to start getting ready at 7am! (Although I do have 10 bridesmaids!)

Your ceremony starts at 3 so over for 3.45ish say half hour for some group shots at the church. People make their way to the reception and you have some more photos so maybe aim for starters to be served at 5pm speeches by 6.30 and evening guests arriving at 7.30pm.

Xx

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Have you booked your photographer yet? I think as you have a late ceremony you need to liaise with your photographer. A professional photographer will guide you as to how much time is needed for the number of group shots you want. They may also be familiar with your venues.

• Gemma Lawrence
    Gemma Lawrence ·
    • Hide content

The times definitely depend on so many different factors but number one being the time you are getting married. We got married at 3pm with the Church being 15 mins away and the same for the venue so our timings would probably be on par with yours. I had 4 bridesmaids and 2 flower girls - we started getting make-up and hair done at 10:30.
    I remember them getting their dresses on around 1pm and me in mine for 2pm. Our ceremony was around 30 minutes and we were back at the reception venue by 5.
    We didn't have evening guests, just invited everybody all day but I would have said they could have arrived from 7:30pm onwards.

Paula is right though, we didn't have lots of group shots, probably about 7 key shots of parents etc and the rest was in a documentary style so this didn't eat a lot of time up.
    If you have booked your photographer and have an idea of what photographs you want they should be able to help you finalise your timeline.

Good Luck! xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics